Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first post here, had the Pug nearly three weeks and stuck on PP2000 today. Hope I'm not being too cheeky, 'cos the car's got a few issues that I'd like some advice on. (I've searched the probs and answers seem to vary a bit). Well here goes:

Perm fault. Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Relay not controlled+spark plug supplied.
(From searching this it's a pretty common issue and is likely to be new glow plugs time? Looks like a bit of a pig to get to them, can't even see them:()

Perm fault. Cooling circuit bypass valve solenoid valve circuit. short/circuit between two wires or short/circuit to +ve
(time to resistance check electro-valves controlling butterfly valves in inter-cooler bypass hosing?)

I'm also getting; intermittent faults, Diesel high pressure monitoring flow regulator at stop and monitoring press regulator at stop. Rail pressure too low

It's running fine, mpg in the 50's, bit of smoke at cold startup, bit of soot when flooring it sometimes. I'm just worried that the glowplug prob (+bypass issue) may prevent a regen when required.

Told you it was alot to expect on a 1st post apologies again:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good to me. At least I found the relay, under the ecu. Using planet I managed to get it clicking away. Found only two thick wires, but one's just an earth going to it, the other was green but without a wiring diag it could well be easier (as you say, ta) to just swop it out. What I'm wondering is how does it monitor to know that there's a fault? Does it measure total current to the plugs, 'cos they're series'd up aren't they?
Cheers for the replies btw!

·
Registered
241 Posts
'' it measure total current to the plugs, 'cos they're series'd up aren't they?''
you mean parallel actually don't you..-a buzz bar across the top and one connector at one end or t'other...
that way one goes open circuit the others are still fed with electrickery..lol
neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NeilH, erm, er, can't believe that I actually wrote that. Guess how I earn my living? (Don't answer that) Well, lets just say I should know a whole lot better.
But yes, I did get the relay to click, but haven't managed to check the output yet though. So I'm guessing the ecu can detect low current draw to the (ahem) paralleled :lol: plugs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im pretty sure that 407's have a relay that feeds each glowplug individually.
Two thick wires and then four the same.
I think the plug for them is on top of the engine to the left as you look at it.a grey plug with four wires in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the relay definitely had two thick wires and maybe 4 (or more possibly) thinner wires. They seemed a bit too thin for a glow plug, but the relay I was looking at was on the passenger side, under and to the back of the ecu...?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure what Planet is trying to tell me here:
Perm fault. Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Relay not controlled+spark plug supplied.
Well I think you're right about the grey plug with four wires supplying the glowplugs. I buzzed it out and got 15 Ohms on each. However if as you say they are connected in pairs it could just be one glow plug working per each pair. With the connector apart I saw 12V on each pin for around 6 seconds after ignition on. (not under load I appreciate)
So if the relay clicks and supplies juice what does the fault mean?
I'll have to check some spare glow plugs to get a reading I think.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had the same fault on mine when plugged into planet. Only way to truly test them is to take them out and connect up to a battery to make them glow (3 of the 4 were dud in my case) Not easy to access on the 1.6, would imagine the 2lt is a right pain also. You do need all 4 working though or the DPF won't regen (I believe).

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's a PITA on the 2.0 HDi, considered doing mine (before they fail) but sacked the idea off pretty quickly.
You need all 4 working to clear the fault, and the fault needs to be clear for a regen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only way I could see even just the connecting wires was with a mirror. I posted completely the wrong readings though. I actually got 0.5 ohm / pair. Sorry.
The 15 Ohms was the reading I took from each of the electro valves trying to get to the bottom of:
Perm fault. Cooling circuit bypass valve solenoid valve circuit. short/circuit between two wires or short/circuit to +ve

So I'll need a wiring diagram (haynes ordered yesterday) to get much further on this one, unless I can trace the e/v (solenoid) wires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts