Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finalling working out how to use PP from the help you guys gave me, I unearthed quite a few faults. I'm sure none of these are major though as the car runs fine and has done since I bought it.

PP didn't show me any codes as such just text, does anyone know how I can get the actual code for the faults?

Many thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theblob said:
When you have 1 off the text descriptions highlighted simply press f6 on your keyboard and you get more detail including the code #
I'll try this tomorrow, just come in from having another play. The forced regen is scary! lol

Also had another look at some of the faults, some of which said:-

Tank cap present switch 4320
Fuel Gauge 4315
Additive low level sensor 1283
Fuel additive ecu 1282
Fuel additive injector 1284
Fuel additive pump 1283
Injector ecu 1320

Now I know about the F6 button I'll do that next to see what more detailed info I get but if anyone has any ideas above the above please let me know.

I was a bit surprised about finding that the car had faults codes as it runs well without no warning lights etc when driving, in fact I have never had any warning lights come up on the car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
They all look familiar! first thing is sort that filler cap sensor because at the moment the additive system will not be working which throws up a lot of the others! change it, clear faults-job done.:D

Fuel Gauge 4315
Fuel additive ecu 1282
Fuel additive pump 1283
Injector ecu 1320

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for that mate, I haven't managed to get actual fault codes yet.

I was reading a couple of threads and the fuel cap does seem to cause a lot of problems, like you say best bet is to buy a new one from pug and clear the codes. Run it for a while and see what comes up afterwords

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zooankski said:
They all look familiar! first thing is sort that filler cap sensor because at the moment the additive system will not be working which throws up a lot of the others! change it, clear faults-job done.:D

Fuel Gauge 4315
Fuel additive ecu 1282
Fuel additive pump 1283
Injector ecu 1320
Do you know how much that would cost. A Pug dealer has told me its £32 and its called the sensor wiring loom located behind the wheel arch liner, does that sound right?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bettyswollocks said:
Sorry to jump in but thats right .:thumb:
cheers betty, I'll get that ordered then. hopefully when its fitted it clears most if not all fault codes. I still wish we hadn't bothered with plugging the diagnostics in to see what we could find. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't of know! lol

I'm keen to get it sorted though as my Dad bought the car off me so it's only right I look into it for him! (and most likely do the work)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the codes, finally!

P1435 - Permanent fault, additive system, fuel tank cap pesence sensor.
P0571 - Intermittant fault, brake contact signal, coherence with the cruise control safety switch while driving (don't have CC though)

Also have the following but without codes:-

Control unit: ADDG02
Permanent fault, diesel tank cap signal, open circuit.

Control unit: CLIM_T5
Wording: Remote intermittant fault, the outside temp sensor, incorrect value received

Control unit: CLIM_T5
Wording: Remote intermittant fault, vehicle speed information, incorrect value received

Control unit: MDP_PASSAG
Permanent fault, passengers side rear view mirror, demisting output, open circuit

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
well looking at that i know 2 may be related as they are located in the same place and that is the outside temperature probe and passenger rear view mirror. i can remember reading somewhere that the probe is located in there. a damaged wire or connection seems to be fault there.

the cruise control one sounds like the brake switch in the footwell is a little faulty (not defo tho). this may be linked with the speed sensor fault as the abs sensors are the speed sensors also. could be another faulty wire/connection.

and the fuel cap sensors are possibly the same aswell.

your best bet is to look at wiring diagrams into where all these connect into as a single point of contact and thats where your fault should be. but fingers crossed mate, it isnt the ecu/bsi as that will be a pocket burner.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers mate and thanks for the pointers. I'll have a look into the wiring and see what I can find :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts