Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd fault with the tyre pressure monitoring system, Diagbox lists a fault with the right rear sender. However, live monitoring shows all 4 wheels are transmitting data. Pressures and temperatures do fluctuate a little while driving, so seems to confirm that the transmitters are working. I even then deflated the R/R tyre somewhat and the system then displayed a low pressure fault, so all ok. Swapping the two rear tyres around also did not result in the error swapping sides.

Wheel speeds are really odd though, the left front wheel is way off speed wise [almost zero reading] when compared to the others, and none are showing the same speed when driving, but I am not worried about this.

All my attempts to clear the fault have failed. I thought that it might reset itself when the BSI went to sleep, but no luck. A BSI reset also did not help. Any ideas how to get rid of this fault in Diagbox? Or is there a not so obvious fault still lurking?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Most people turn the TPMS off as it's stupid.

What's the relevance of wheel speed? This is measured by the ABS sensors which are unrelated to the TPMS sensors. If the wheel speeds mismatch then you should be getting ABS warnings.

Swapping wheels should cause "pressure not monitored" errors as the sensors are coded to specific positions.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So now I'm stupid.. :thumb:

As for the rest of your comments, you should really research things before spouting forth.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Swapped mine for ordinary valves and turned them off.
One snapped while getting new tyres put on. It was very corroded. I did not want to take the risk of one snapping while driving.
Disabled them in Diagbox.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Switching them off

Hi

Stupid question but how do you switch them off in diagbox, do you have an option in settings or do you need PP?

Cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ignore me, I found it on another post... Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts