Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my 307, It started about a month ago.

I have "anti pollution fault" coming up on my central screen and the engine light on in orange, those are the only messages I have coming up.

The car is a 54 plate and 2.0 hdi 135 and it has covered 119,000 miles. I have looked about a bit and heard about the dpf and the regen fluid? what things should I start out with checking/changing or doing?

·
Registered
14,525 Posts
You NEED to get it plugged into planet and look through all the faults AND live data you need someone who understands the system as it needs many things working to function correctly.

Antipollution/depollution fault is a generic fault meaning SOMETHING is wrong it does not mean the DPF unlike what most people will tell you !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so first step is to find someone with pp who knows what they are doing.

Also is there any other small steps I can take that may solve it?

I have heard about people filling tank to brim and putting an additive in? anyone know what additive to put in and i this worth trying?

also what is the best quality diesel to put in my car?

anything else small that I can try before any other expensive out lays!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have always used Forte Diesel treatment with good results , put a bottle in with at least half a tank of diesel and preferably take a nice long journey , at £15/£16 a bottle it makes a hell of a difference by the time the half tank is used up. certainly worth a punt. I also have PP if the Forte doesn't sort it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will get some one with pp to try run a diagnostic test roybach isnt to far and there also a member adtyne that is in the same small town as me so hopefully be able to pay one of them to do one for me.

I will aslo try fuelling up to full (with bp ultimate diesel) and adding an additive and giving a run to my mrs (bridgend 2 hours)

everyones advice is greatly appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apologies gibbo.

A big thanks to adtyne today he plugged my 307 into pp and we managed to sort the problem with the anti-pollution fault it appears when someone who previously owned the car refilled the additive they reset the counters wrong and it gave the fault of "overfull"
so at the mo problem gone and not returning.
onwards and upwards to the next little surprise my pug has planned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts