Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Iv had the 307 hdi 1.6 for 4 yrs now without any real probs, but now I have a fault light displayed on the dash that says "risk of filter blocking" and an amber triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle, any one know what it means and how to get round it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi, Iv had the 307 hdi 1.6 for 4 yrs now without any real probs, but now I have a fault light displayed on the dash that says "risk of filter blocking" and an amber triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle, any one know what it means and how to get round it.
this means the dpf filter is almost full,

you could try to force it to regenerate by driving at motorway speeds and keeping the revs above 2.5k once the engine is fully up to temp for 20-30 minutes.

But if its saying the filters that blocked it possibly needs atleast cleaned out or replaced (there expensive)

cheapest option is to gut the insides of the dpf and have it mapped out of the ECU.

its probably best to get this sorted asap as it could be damaging to the engine.

The dpf filter is a filter in between the engine and tbe backbox, its job is to catch soot, which then under certain conditions periodicly is put through a regeneration which burns the soot away. Eventially they get clogged up and need replaced.

Its advised to get this fixed as it will most likely put the engine into limp mode not allowing it to rev past 3000rpm.

theres no ways round it but to either have the dpf removed or cleaning it out/replacing it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Bazzsound/Gibbo job for the w/end ;)
Just done mine, I removed the whole cat/Dpf assembly as I had a leaking joint on turbo anyway but as I found out later I could have separated the dpf and just removed that. If you undo the bottom bolts on the heat sheild and bend it forward slightly you will see a band that goes around the whole assembly, if you undo this, disconnect the exhaust bottom clamp and the little pipe that comes out of bottom of the exhaust you should be able to pull and wiggle the dpf out of the cat and save yourself lots of hassle taking the whole unit out.. There are 2 seals between the inner and outer bits one big one and one small metal fragile one so be aware.

I soaked mine in a bucket of traffic film remover for 3 days to break the carbon down abit before I washed it out, got 25litres of it from GFS and new clamps are recommended to exhaust joints.

·
Registered
648 Posts
cats2u are much cheaper, around £120.
If the car has done around 120000 miles then it just be the ecu flagging up it's due a replacement DPF, even though the dpf is OK. If you take the DPF off and it is Ok, give it a clean and then use planet to reset the message.

·
11,766 Posts
I agree with both of above. Open the filter and clean it and you will get more use of out it. Then go to CATS2U when it needs replacing. I've reset a few cars on Merseyside after they've had a new DPF from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts