Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place for this. I bought a 2005 407 hdi 136 yrsterday. I knew it had s few faults but I couldn't resist it as it was really cheap. In short the car hesitated on start up but then drove ok albeit as if it was in limo mode. I got it home but today it has come to a complete stop, just about starts but is very rough on idle and stalls when you press the accelerator. Does this sound like a fuel issue?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
You need a new EGR valve.

Dont mess with fuel or anything else take off the EGR valve and you will see why you need a new one :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car has been lying up for a few months so do you think this has something to do with it. Its a great looking car in executive trim so I really want to get her going. ill take the egr off first and see what its like. would a blanking plate be worthwhile?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Yes you can blank it but you still need a new one or a used working one or you will still get faults as the electronic part will feed back faults unless the valve is working.

·
12,810 Posts
P1351 is glow plugs. If they're not working the car won't regenerate, the DPF filter will get blocked, the EGR valve will also become clogged and fail.

Although this may have already happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts