Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 2.0 hdi 90

I've have the abs light on the dash and flashes up on the clock display when first started.
Also there's an airbag fault which only flashes up on the clock display

Had the fault codes read they are

Rear left wheel speed sensor implausible

Wheel speed sensor front left circuit faulty

Driver squib 1st circuit, open circuit,

Any light on these would be great.
Need to get them sorted for MOT.

Thanks

Th

·
5,836 Posts
Rear left sensor needs removing and backplate cleaning of rust as sensor gap is too large.

Left front needs a new sensor or wiring fault

Airbag wiring/air bag faulty or more likely fault comm unit ribbon cable

·
Registered
182 Posts
Easiest way if it is the ribbon cable is a replacement comm unit
or you can attempt to fix it

If you have ESP you will need to center the steering angle sensor once its fixed.
to do this you check on the front of the com unit on the steering wheel where center is two arrows pointing at each other where the white lock is) and the wheels and steering must be strait too. (I did this with the air bag off youtube)
I knew my unit ribbon was in the middle but ESP came up when I turned the wheel.

So when I turned clockwise no ESP and when I turned anticlock wise ESP would pop up as a error. take steering wheel off and turn unit 1 cycle clockwise to wards where no fault. and put it all back together and no ESP fault as it was just one cycle out.

Main thing to remember is to count how many times you turn it, ITS CRUCIAL. ASWELL as putting it all back 100% the way you took it apart. Maybe use some paint to remember what went where.

some more here

as far as getting another com2000 unit... the part number has to match else it wont work, and there are a few diffrent ones. on the plus sde ford and citreon also use these parts. I think myne came out a picasso or something like that.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Trying to jerry a resistor in somewhere to turn the light off will most likely take longer and have indeterminate results than just getting stuck in and repairing it properly.
It could also save your life.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not quite the same as brake lines! But point taken, will try have a look Friday see if I can repair the broken ribbon if it is broken that is.

Thanks

·
5,836 Posts
Unplug two outer connections on comm unit, remove airbag and then for each ribbon check for continuity across the two pins. no continuity means damaged/faulty ribbon cable.

You need to fix correctly as soon as possible however the resistor fix/bodge is the opposite of cutting brake lines.

With the airbag light on the system is disabled therefore normally NO airbags will deploy in the event of a major accident.

If you temp fix with a resistor all airbag with the exception of the one bypassed will in the event of an accident deploy as the system sees no fault.

The whole Airbag issue at MOT is farcical if the lights on it fails, however if you remove the bulb or paint it black so they cannot see light/error it will pass with an advisory to say the lights not working

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Front left wheel the plug wasn't in properly,,
Rear left was the rust build up behind th sensor,
Airbag fault was a broken cable which had been repaired before

1 - 16 of 16 Posts