Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got the diesel additive warning coming up . Took it to the garage the additive tank is full and came up saying fuel cap signal fault . So I changed the sensor and went back to reset it which cleared that fault code and driving out it came back on . So they put it back on the computer thing and it keeps coming back saying flow sensor fault and low diesel additive fault . Can anybody help me with what could cause this .plus in the additive tank the liquid is clear ?. Is that right

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The garage did reset the counters . But it keep coming up saying flow sensor and low diesel additive fault . But only after I drive it 50 yards . He even showed me that is was reset

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by reset counters describe what was done.
he pluged it in to this snap on big tablet and check the faults and the went into the dpf bit and reset the counter . then rechecked for codes and there was no codes and all worked . then I drove it and got 50 yards and it flashed up on the multi display diesel additives minimum level . so I took it back and he plugged it back in and it had the fault saying diesel additive low fault and he cleared them again but it still came back on . plus he said the liquid should not be clear ? . I have replaced the fuel cap sensor . the garage thinks it could be the pump

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Fluid should be brown BUT the system does not have a sensor to see how much you have it simply calculates it based on how much miles you do and how often you fill up so counters could not have been reset properly.

Gucci snap on gear generally does not work well with french cars some functions do not work correctly

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anyone on here with Peugeot planet that could try for some pocket money :) in the Exeter Devon area

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think This was the snap on this they used but it was wireless was the same size of a laptop . ETHOS® PLUS SCAN TOOL it had the buttons down the side

·
Registered
15 Posts
From my limited 2 weeks of experience with a 307...

The fluid is dark brown.

Is the guy just trying to clear the fault or reset the pump counter?

Really need PP2000/Diag for things like this, 3rd party kit does not fully work with reading/clearing stuff as I have just found with Peugeots.

Regards
Boswell

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone got a diagram of the diesel additive tank and parts . As the Haynes book says it has a level sensor but Peugeot said it hasn't

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's OK it does have a level sensor it is sealed inside with the pump that's sealed inside the tank . Can anyone tell me how to test to see if it's faulty as Peugeot want £232 for a new tank and pump. The garage says i have a additive low level fault . That's why when he reset it even after he checks it has reset it comes back it's on a 307 hi 2.0 110 on a 52 plate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts