Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
52 plate 307 2.0 hdi 110

Had the following faults come up on diagbox (further details below);

P1519
P0571
P0101
P1429
P1537

Could anyone be kind enough to shed some light on them? My thoughts are that P0101 and P1429 are connected - maybe there's a blockage in the DPF causing blow-back into the turbo?

P0571 & P1537 are dodgy sensors?

Not sure on P1519, although looking at the engine speed, looks like it could be related to P0101. It should be noted that I've never revved the engine that high.

Anyway, details are below, any help would be great :thumb:

P1519 - Cooling function incorporated into ECU

From - Local
Characterisation of the fault - Consistency between fan unit speed and setting
Engine speed - 5879 rpm
Actual flow - 64 mm3/stroke
Coolant temperature - 8 °C
Air temperature - 0 °C
Battery voltage - 11.54 Volt(s)

P0571 - Fault brake contact signal

From - Distant
Characterisation of the fault - Communications fault
Engine speed - 5911 rpm
Delivery demanded - 68 mm3/stroke
Battery voltage - 4.92 Volt(s)
Command for deceleration of the vehicle cruise control - Active
Clutch - Released
Air conditioning compressor cut-off - Inactive
Main brake switch - Released
Ignition positive - On
Cooling fan - Inactive
Accelerator control RVV - Inactive
Cruise control safety switch - Released
Command for cancellation of the vehicle cruise control - Active

P0101 - Fault flowmeter signal

From - Local
Characterisation of the fault - Air flow too low coherence
Engine speed 5879 rpm
Air flow reference value 271 Mg/stroke
Air temperature 60 °C
Inlet air flow 859 Mg/stroke
Turbo pressure. -800 mbar

P1429 Differential exhaust pressure signal

From - Local
Characterisation of the fault - Differential pressure coherence when stationary
Particle filter inlet/outlet pressure difference - 1076 mbar
Engine speed - 1542 rpm
Distance travelled since last regeneration - 28 Km
Output injected - 0 mm3/stroke
Air flow volume - 440 M3/h

P1537 - Fault accelerator pedal blocked

From - Local
Characterisation of the fault - Strategy active
Pedal sensor position 1 - 72 %
Pedal sensor position 2 - 61 %
Engine speed - 2827 rpm
Actual flow - 36 mm3/stroke
Command for deceleration of the vehicle cruise control - Active
Clutch - Released
Air conditioning compressor cut-off - Active
Main brake switch - Pressed
Ignition positive - Coupé

·
Registered
647 Posts
P1519 is your cooling fans not coming on. Either an issue with the fans themselves, the relays or wiring.

P0571 is probably just that the brake pedal switch needs replacing or cleaning.

P0101 faulty or dirty MAF or problem with associated wiring. Unplug the MAF to see if the car runs better.

P1429, either a faulty differential pressure sensor, the pipes to it are blocked or the DPF is really blocked.

P1537, probably the same as the brake switch.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers eccles, I'll have a look into the diff. pressure sensors.

The MAF is a strange one, I took it out and cleaned it not so long back, and put in a fresh air filter a couple of weeks ago, so there shouldn't be an issue with airflow through the MAF. Unless the MAF itself is playing up. I'll try unplugging it to see if that helps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The RPM's look suspicious, but if the ECU had detected some sort of mismatch in RPM's (sensor or otherwise) from what it expected it's VERY quick to cut the engine :)
I would be more inclined to ignore that field on it's own. However it may be from copy and paste but I can see some other strange things.
  • Turbo pressure listed as -800
  • Battery voltage given as 4.92V
  • Air temperature 60degC (not aware summer's arrived just yet)
  • Battery voltage of 11.54V seems low for running condition - mine's usually at 14V or above
For P1519, look in the fault detail to see if there's a fan speed "setting" or "reference" value and a "repeat" value. That should show the problem clearly!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RPM's look suspicious, but if the ECU had detected some sort of mismatch in RPM's (sensor or otherwise) from what it expected it's VERY quick to cut the engine

I would be more inclined to ignore that field on it's own. However it may be from copy and paste but I can see some other strange things.

• Turbo pressure listed as -800
    Battery voltage given as 4.92V
    Air temperature 60degC (not aware summer's arrived just yet)
    Battery voltage of 11.54V seems low for running condition - mine's usually at 14V or above
For P1519, look in the fault detail to see if there's a fan speed "setting" or "reference" value and a "repeat" value. That should show the problem clearly!
Cheers lorddevereux, every measurement is exactly as it came out on Diagbox.

Electrics isn't my strength, and most of what came out of Diagbox seemed to me to be related to electrics. The only thing "mechanical" that I can work out is the turbo pressure - I reckon the DPF is clogged and that's causing a blow-back into the turbo. The turbo isn't performing anywhere near as it should.

The battery is only a couple of months old - I'll check the voltage as a precaution.

Looking at the RPM values, I know that the engine is not being revved this heavily, so the reading has to come from somewhere. What sensor should I be looking at - crankshaft sensor?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Every fault on a 307 is related to electrics - somehow :D

I might suggest taking some live data readings of turbo pressure - find a nice bit of national speed limit and work the turbo. Diagbox is able to store live data for later analysis if you can't find a willing volunteer to help.

Also check KOEO (key on engine off) live data values for turbo/FAP system for differences between reference pressures and repeat sensor pressures.

Live data of the RPM would also be useful - as I say I doubt the BSI/ECU really thinks the engine's at that high RPM as I'm pretty sure the redline at which it cuts the injectors is 5500 or so. If the crankshaft sensor was dodgy you'd have worse symptoms (engine cutting out, refusing to start etc)

I am aware that diagbox occasionally records strange values, but there seemed like a suspicious number. The comms faults with the accelerator and brake sensors may be causing strange things to happen in the ECU and cause this, I don't know.

Since it claims it did a regen 28km ago and you have physical symptoms of back pressure I'd check the pipes. If I remember rightly somewhere in diagbox it shows how clogged it thinks the DPF/FAP is so that might be worth looking at.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every fault on a 307 is related to electrics - somehow
You're not wrong!

Thanks for your posts and analysis - it's much appreciated.

As it happens, Diagbox has now stopped working for me. When I ran a global test on PP, the same errors came up, I just can't remember if the values were the same and I didn't save the test.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The wording of your message suggests PP might be working, but Diagbox not, if so PP can do live data too?

Yes those voltages sound fine.

Might be worth checking turbo pressure - I believe this can be done by pulling the pipes off and a hand over the end if you don't have a gauge - but don't quote me on that!

Otherwise I'm afraid I've run out of experience...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wording of your message suggests PP might be working, but Diagbox not, if so PP can do live data too?

Yes those voltages sound fine.

Might be worth checking turbo pressure - I believe this can be done by pulling the pipes off and a hand over the end if you don't have a gauge - but don't quote me on that!

Otherwise I'm afraid I've run out of experience...
Looking at my turbo read out, it should be sucking back in!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts