Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to the forum .. trailered my 07 307 1.6s in today to peugeot as the battery went flat and then wouldnt start.. they have read the diagnostics and gave me the following fault codes p1694 p1693 p1536 and p0562.. rang a mate up who does diags, said that 2 of those codes are for diesels .. mm he said to get the bsi checked .. peugeot said not necessary yet .. at 90pounds an hour. wondering when it will become necessary..this car has been a nightmare.. mate thinks its the bsi .. are peugeot now preparing to string me along for a fair wad of cash. last peugeot EVER actually first as well:mad:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
leevww said:
hi new to the forum .. trailered my 07 307 1.6s in today to peugeot as the battery went flat and then wouldnt start.. they have read the diagnostics and gave me the following fault codes p1694 p1693 p1536 and p0562.. rang a mate up who does diags, said that 2 of those codes are for diesels .. mm he said to get the bsi checked .. peugeot said not necessary yet .. at 90pounds an hour. wondering when it will become necessary..this car has been a nightmare.. mate thinks its the bsi .. are peugeot now preparing to string me along for a fair wad of cash. last peugeot EVER actually first as well:mad:
P1694 Turbo charge relief circuit malfunction

P1693 Turbo charge control circuit malfunction
SID 803 Starting and switching off of the engine controlled. Starting or switch-off requests absent or not valid.
J34P - Remote control wake-up inconsistency problem.

P1536 Parking brake switch circuit failure
EDC15C2-ESP plausibility
ME745 - Check brake light switch
EDC16C34 - Brake switch signal inconsistency between 2 brale pedal signals.

P0562 Generic System Voltage Low

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
faulr codes

thanks Bettyswollocks for that . much appreciated i think i will get on to peugeot and find out why fault codes for a diesel car have been found on my petrol car... they need another couple of hours to get to the bottom of the problem.. 180 pounds.. going to ask them to reboot the bsi and reset the codes ... should take 15mins save me 150 ...thanks once again

·
Registered
134 Posts
codes

hi,,they are management and psa specific codes!!!
not petrol or diesel codes.
your man has assumed the codes by translating eobd codes.
the dealer will translate them viewing your vehicles management,not using generic descriptions.

toddy
p.s if your worried about the price/dealer then why not get your diag mate to do it??

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would hazard a guess that its just the knackered battery and the low voltage resulting from that has thrown up all those fault codes as the ECU(s) have become confused....not a difficult thing to achieve on Peugeot's.

They (Peugeot) have taken a "hold your hand attitude" for everything electrical in the car, that's OK when everything works fine - but the slightest fault anywhere in the system often knocks on through the rest of said system when in reality there is often little wrong with the associated parts.

Make sure the battery is replaced/recharged properly, get the codes reset and see where you go from there :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fault codes

thanks charlie. as i am slowly finding out with owning a peugeot electrical problems seem to be par for the course. i suppose i just distrust them having had the car over 2 years and wiring looms replaced. waited 3 months for one once which had been supposedly been ordered from france only to be told it was on a shelf at the dealership and then finding out it was the wrong one.. so they want 250 pounds to diagnose the problem and then see how we go from there.. well i must be honest and say i am totally fed up with peugeots attitude of we shall see how it goes .. after this car has been repaired the word Peugeot will be struck from my vocabulary. and replaced with either a German or Japanese word .. many thanks once again.. i will take a trawl down on Monday and ask them a few simple questions before i part with my too hard earned cash..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fault codes

toddy2 said:
hi,,they are management and psa specific codes!!!
not petrol or diesel codes.
your man has assumed the codes by translating eobd codes.
the dealer will translate them viewing your vehicles management,not using generic descriptions.

toddy
p.s if your worried about the price/dealer then why not get your diag mate to do it??
thanks toddy, i will have a chat with my mate .he has already done a test and said it was a BSI problem.. but when i mentioned this peugeot they said they didnt want to start that route yet as it would be 600-800 pounds for a new bsi.. must admit dont know much at all about the Bsi.. but had a quick look online and it can be done for 125 just think peugeot want $200+ to diagnose the problem then come to the conclusion that it was the bsi then reboot it or more likely its they would want to replace it..mm finding this the most frustrating experience with peugeot since my last frustrating experience with peugeot..thanks for the advice good to know that there is real help being offered many thanks once again lee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pug 307 2Litre Petrol

Hello Boffins
My Pug 307 is misfiring and the aged old anti pollution warning.I think in this case codes are irrelevant because one fault cam manifest its self into something else. Speaking to friends one says it could be a wiring loom problem apparently Peugot reduced the insulation and covered the cable in some sort of insulation compound which degrades very quickly.does anyone know of this ? I am shortly going to scrap this if not fixed otherwise its a perfectly decent example of tis car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts