Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to see Craigleather to have a diagnostic on my car . Very helpful guy by the way .
Came up with two codes
P2562 Turbo Signal Valve Position
P0299 Turbo Pressure Signal
Both said permanent faults
I,m thinking they are connected ie Turbo Pressure Solenoid isn't working which will cause the Turbo Signal Valve Position error
Can anyone shed any light on this ?
He managed to turn the fault off and the car is like a different car now as the turbo seems to do what its supposed to do .
Hopefully the fault wont reappear or its a dodgy connection as I was looking about the car today and all the pipes seem ok .

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Just been to see Craigleather to have a diagnostic on my car . Very helpful guy by the way .
Came up with two codes
P2562 Turbo Signal Valve Position
P0299 Turbo Pressure Signal
Both said permanent faults
I,m thinking they are connected ie Turbo Pressure Solenoid isn't working which will cause the Turbo Signal Valve Position error
Can anyone shed any light on this ?
He managed to turn the fault off and the car is like a different car now as the turbo seems to do what its supposed to do .
Hopefully the fault wont reappear or its a dodgy connection as I was looking about the car today and all the pipes seem ok .
take sensor off turbo and give it a clean

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have found it .
Is it the triangle shaped thing on top of the turbo ?
Seems like a bit of a pigs ear to get to .
Can I clean it with some Valvoline turbo cleaner ?
A friend reckons he puts this into his air intake to clean his turbo but that sounds a bit dodgy to me

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think I have found it .
Is it the triangle shaped thing on top of the turbo ?
Seems like a bit of a pigs ear to get to .
Can I clean it with some Valvoline turbo cleaner ?
A friend reckons he puts this into his air intake to clean his turbo but that sounds a bit dodgy to me
Ive just had exactley the same problem and faults on mine, tried all the usual cleaners etc, in the intake, in the fuel, cleaned the egr etc etc

mine was the copy position sensor ( the triangular thing you mentioned) its a bit of a pig to get off, you'll nee wither a right angled screwdriver or a stubby no2 pozi/phillips, lean in either from the driver wings or put a mat on the radiator bulkhead and kneel there!!

Take the sensor off and bin the screws, they're crap and you'll probably round them off getting them off, i think i had to resort to a mini set of mole-grips but persevere because they will come off.

Pug don't sell the sensor only the actuator at £600 odd quid, i bought mine from Midland turbo and I've only just thrown the box away with the part number on it.

it was £85 quid delivered and is a direct replacement i spoke to Michael Sargeant and he was very helpful.

they will need your reg and vin to get the part but as long as its the triangular one it should be fine.

I changed the screws for allen headed screws so i could easily tighten them and refitting was about 5 minutes rather then the 40 it took me to get it off!!

both my fault codes were then cleared and have stayed cleared and my turbo sings like the proverbial fat lady and it now goes like a train again :):)

let me know if you need any other details.

Gaz

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Gaz
I shall look up the number for midland turbo and give them a call .
I,m used to working in crap places on airplanes so hopefully it wont be that bad lol
What size allen screws where they ?
Looking at them they look like m4 maybe

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts