Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the engine warning light on my Peugeot 307s 1.4 05plate with the message 'Anti Pollution Fault' for almost a year with no loss of power or anything, drives perfectly but now its soon MOT time...

(The issue started soon after I moved house and started filling up at Morrisons instead of Tesco, if that has any relevance.)

I purchased a fault code reader and its producing the Stored Trouble Code U1218 and the Pending Trouble U1218.

I have been searching the internet and this site with no solutions. I did find http://forum.carpartseuro.com/Books/FaultCodes2008/PEUGEOT-307-407-607-806-807-406-306-106-107-FaultCodes-0587.pdf which states the fault location "CAN data bus, multifunction control module - no communication" and probable cause "Wiring, CAN data bus" but I have no idea how to solve this issue lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Swetty,

I did come across this but assumed it would not work with my 307s version and was quite scared of the 3 minute rule.

Could you help me find the sticky mentioned about the 3 minute rule?

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It didn't work, but I only unplugged it for about 5 minz.
Reset my car to French and 2003 tho... that was funny.

Still got the same error U1218

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did work but quite oddly.

The error is no longer causing the engine warning light to be on nor display the 'Anti Pollution Faulty' message but...

I plugged my laptop up again and the error is stored instead of permanent.

Will this error pop up again? Should I ask a garage about it? Could it cost me alot of money in the future?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts