Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm driving a 307 1.4 petrol on an 02 plate and I've just had a fault code diagnosed by my friendly mechanic as PO444 Canister Purge Valve Circuit, the problem is that the engine management light appears intermittently on the display with a beep then it disappears and there is often a smell of petrol when I decelerate.
I would like to know how I access the Canister Purge Valve and how do I check the wiring and the valve.

PS another 2 side questions how do I access the windscreen wash fluid pumps and the air bag light was on and the horn didn't work so I replaced the indicator and wiper controls, now the horn works and the light is still on do I need to reset something for it to go off?
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi the latest update on this is that the canister appears to be OK and I've checked all the wires and pipes going to it all OK, the problems are that the car doesnt maintain revs at startup it keeps cutting out unless I rev it for over 2 min also it can cut out when I stop a lights unless I keep the revs up (bit tricky as the handbrake aint very good to stop with)
smell of petrol in the car still.

any ideas what I can check or look at?
Cheers
nev

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inside right hand wing. Hey you said the wiring was ok. How is it ok when you don't know where the solenoid valve is???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I just didn't know that the canister purge valve and solenoid were the same thing.

There's 2 pipes on the valve 1 to the fuel tank and 1 to the engine bay, can I block the valve inlet from the engine compartment side i.e. from the injector assembly, also should 12V be constant to the valve while the engine is switched on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts