Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got "P2140 undefined" fault. Tried three times to delete it but unlike some other faults which went and stayed away, this one wont go at all. Cant fix something undefined, any ideas? :confused:

·
12,138 Posts
It's not a Pug issue, but I've read it could be an accelerator pedal / sensor / switch issue.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that gibbo, I need to get a new pedal to cancel limiter quickly, been putting it off due to other work. I'll see what's about.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can any acc.pedal with the limiter switch off function fit. There are several used ones on the market off different models, all look the same but Bosch have 3 part numbers so will they all work?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for that gibbo, I need to get a new pedal to cancel limiter quickly, been putting it off due to other work. I'll see what's about.
ha ha I only just discovered last week what that little button does on the bottom of the pedal, needless to say it was a revelation :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
button!!!!

Okay forgive my ignorance:eek: but im intrigued:confused: what does the button do?

and does that mean this is another piece of 20th century wizardry to go wrong :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Okay forgive my ignorance:eek: but im intrigued:confused: what does the button do?

and does that mean this is another piece of 20th century wizardry to go wrong :(
Don't worry I was the same, on cars with cruise control you can also set a speed limit, so no matter how hard you press the go pedal it won't accelerate beyond said speed, good for average speed limit cameras!!!! If you press the accelerator to the floor and then press it little harder it will click, that's the 'button' it must be a safety thing to allow you to speed away from a Chav in Saxo :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
You don't need that button to get away from a Chav in a Saxo.... the 407 would only need to be moving to out perform one of them :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
You don't need that button to get away from a Chav in a Saxo.... the 407 would only need to be moving to out perform one of them :D
Fair point, I'll try and post a pic of my to do list for this sat morning, I think I would be outrun til then !!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gibbo, Robbie got us a pedal off fleabay, I offered £35, £5 off buy it now price, it was accepted and posted today. I always buy new but with all the expense we had so far something had to give, thanks for the pointer, Brad

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the pedal came next day, very quick. I fitted it but nowt from the button. Does it need programming? Or clearing of P2140 first? I came in to warm up and charge the laptop in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still cant remove P2140 or find anywhere to program pedal if its possible at all

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since the new cambelt was fitted a misfire is developing. At the docs today i was told that the timing is ok and the P2140 code is due to the throttle ecm, a separate issue. Following a scan i'm told the misfire is due to retarded injector at no.4 pos. The advice is to let it develop over 6,000 miles or so as there is no fault code yet to work on and spending would be guesswork. Your views on this would be most welcome, Brad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts