Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

Newbie here and in need of some help!!

My 2005 Pug 407 2.0 Hdi se with 115,000 has recently started showing the dreaded message Depolloution System Faulty....

The Eloys tank is around 3/4 full on inspection, so took it to a garage to have the codes read... It is coming back with Fault Code P2084 Particle emission filter upstream temperature signal; coherence....

Can anyone shed some light on where I should go from here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers Pete
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Risky's your man for this,im sure he'll be along soon
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Has it had a new FAP, or the old one cleaned? Assuming all the sensors are behaving themselves, the likely scenario is just mileage related FAP clagginess. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is quite possibly a small aquatic bird of the genus anatidae.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the risk of sounding like a idiot... What is an FAP? lol....

Have not owned the car too long, so would not know if it had been changed...

I take it that this is where you suggest I start then? Would I replace it or give it a good clean up?

Cheers Pete

chopper1192 said:
Has it had a new FAP, or the old one cleaned? Assuming all the sensors are behaving themselves, the likely scenario is just mileage related FAP clagginess. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is quite possibly a small aquatic bird of the genus anatidae.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Again...

Am I right in thinking that the FAP is the Particulate filter? If so what is the best way to clean? Is it with a power washer? and the best way to dry it before re installing....

Once complete would I then need to reset the counters with Pug Planet?

Cheers



Pugpete1979 said:
At the risk of sounding like a idiot... What is an FAP? lol....

Have not owned the car too long, so would not know if it had been changed...

I take it that this is where you suggest I start then? Would I replace it or give it a good clean up?

Cheers Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Hi Pete,
Looks like you dpf temp sensor is faulty...but really it would need to be checked with live data to confirm this.
If you post your location we have a few members whom have peugeot planet who maybe able to help out with this fault.
On your dpf (Under the car) you will see to pipes and a temp sensor..Actually check out the 3rd last pic on the link that steve m posted above and it show these..:)
Below is serviceboxes description for this p code.
Ron.

Fault code P2084
After sales description of the fault code Catalytic converter downstream temperature signal : Value received incorrect
Rectification priority 1
Description of the diagnostics The voltage value of the temperature downstream of the catalytic converter is incorrect ( For 1500 ms )
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Switching on of the ignition
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Lamp MIL
Symptoms ( Possible customer complaints ) Lack of power
Suspect areas Particle emission filter temperature sensor
Electrical harness
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
see i told you Risky was the man:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks Risky!!! And yes Term, you did tell me!! lol...

So I am guessing from what has been posted that I can start by changing the Temp sensor then? Is this an easy job that my local mechanic should be able to sort?

Thanks again...

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to Peugeot today and asked for a price on the DPF Temp Sensor... I got the reply "Never heard of that!!" And they could not find anything on the computer....

Any chance anyone on here has a Part Number for it please????

Many Thanks Pete

risky1 said:
Hi Pete,
Looks like you dpf temp sensor is faulty...but really it would need to be checked with live data to confirm this.
If you post your location we have a few members whom have peugeot planet who maybe able to help out with this fault.
On your dpf (Under the car) you will see to pipes and a temp sensor..Actually check out the 3rd last pic on the link that steve m posted above and it show these..:)
Below is serviceboxes description for this p code.
Ron.

Fault code P2084
After sales description of the fault code Catalytic converter downstream temperature signal : Value received incorrect
Rectification priority 1
Description of the diagnostics The voltage value of the temperature downstream of the catalytic converter is incorrect ( For 1500 ms )
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Switching on of the ignition
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Lamp MIL
Symptoms ( Possible customer complaints ) Lack of power
Suspect areas Particle emission filter temperature sensor
Electrical harness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Pugpete1979 said:
Went to Peugeot today and asked for a price on the DPF Temp Sensor... I got the reply "Never heard of that!!" And they could not find anything on the computer....

Any chance anyone on here has a Part Number for it please????

Many Thanks Pete

"Never heard of that!!" ...:rolleyes: if you post/pm your vin number we can check the part no....:)
As i said it would really need to be confirmed by looking at live data on planet or equivalent diagnostic equipment....Its up to you if you chance with a new sensor...buts i guess its worth a try..:)
Ron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great stuff....

I will get the VIN number when the missus comes home and get it to you...

Would love to get someone with Pug planet to have a look... Have posted on the forum if anyone has it near me (High Wycombe, HP13) Lets hope there is someone near!!

Thanks Again mate....

risky1 said:
"Never heard of that!!" ...:rolleyes: if you post/pm your vin number we can check the part no....:)
As i said it would really need to be confirmed by looking at live data on planet or equivalent diagnostic equipment....Its up to you if you chance with a new sensor...buts i guess its worth a try..:)
Ron.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
risky1 said:
:D I don't know what to do with myself as 407owners is down again...:confused: .....:D
yea i had noticed,its getting to be a pain now:nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers Risky...

Will give that a go... Although since clearing the fault on Tuesday, it has not reappeared!!!!!

Pete

risky1 said:
Hi Pete,
Heres the dpf parts diagram which i got from your vin no.
The temp sensor is no 2 in the diagram.....part no 1618 30
Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on...;)
Ron.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Pugpete1979 said:
Hi Again....

Cant Pm yet, as I am 10 posts short!!! lol

VIN No is deleted by bettyswollocks

Thanks Pete.....
somebody may want to remove this man's vin from an open forum:nod:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top