Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,
please advice!

I have 407 2.0HDI (VIN: VF36DRHRE21125499) and since 2 month ago I'm getting "Depollution system faulty" message on my RT3 screen and engine icon lights on my dashboard.

I diagnosed the fault at local dealer with Planet who said the error code is P1445 with following message "Injecting system, too much additive" (I'm not sure if I translated this message well, cause originally it was in Croatian).

The dealer wasn't sure what might be the problem, but he checked the FAP and said it is clean, timely regenerated. I filled up FAP with additive 35000km before.

Does any of you have at least an idea what might be the problem and what should I check?

Just to mention that the car works normally.

Thanks in advance!:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, too much what? So, there is a option in PP2000 to virtually replace FAP.
What about FAP counter reseting, is that the same?

Thanks magma for quick reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at the garage and the service guy didn't want to do me a counter reset. He said that the counter reset is to be done if the fault is related to low additive level, not high. He said that it probably has something to do with the additive injection pump??!!

I might go to a different garage and check what they will say.

Anyhow, my car goes normally, I just hate the annoying BEEP and message "Depollution system faulty" whenever I start up the car. Aghrrrrr.....

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I was at the garage and the service guy didn't want to do me a counter reset. He said that the counter reset is to be done if the fault is related to low additive level, not high. He said that it probably has something to do with the additive injection pump??!!
Ask him who`s paying ,him or you .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, today I finally had mu FAP counter reset.... and after 4 short city drives, fault didn't show up. I hope this story is over... however I'll keep thread updated in case any changes.... which might be interesting for users with the same problem.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, just out of curiosity, did the fault come back? I have the same problem so I will try the virtual FAP replacement tip also tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, i have this in my citroen c5, im so glad i found this thread by matching error codes, as i was thinking as where others that the dpf might be blocked... here is my thread here: French Car Forum • View topic - "maximum additive level in the particle filter" error

P1445 "maximum additive level in the particle filter" (lexia)
P1445 "Diesel additive system quantity too high" (snapon)

your explanation of the error makes sense now, but before it just seemed non-sensical

1 - 12 of 12 Posts