Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a abs fault for a while, my local garage diagnosed that it needed a new pump, I fitted a new pump and the same fault was there, so I got an auto electrician in and he diagnosed and found an earth fault, since sorting this the engine won't rev above 2500rpm, won't tick over, runs lumpy and has thrown up 10 engine faults all of which state they are earth faults and gone into economy mode, also when you turn the head lights on the wipers start working.
The auto electrician is trying to find out what's wrong, and I thought I would ask on here incase anyone has come across this problem before.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You may have a BSI fault. It is possible to do a 'BSI reset', searching will find a few results on how to do that. If that does not work, you may need a new / rebuilt BSI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now found out what was causing this problem. The auto electrician hadn't tightened up the earth connection that he disturbed, after a frustrating weekend of trying to find out what was causing it, I decided to go over everything that he had done and came across the loose earth terminal on the inner wing, I tightened it up and hey presto the van is back to normal. I have been trying to get hold of said electrician to tell him and get my money back, but he has blocked my number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts