Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had a problem with my 2007 Peugeot 307 1.6 petrol auto, as it is throwing a code and showing an intermittent pressure fault in the auto gearbox. It started doing this after just 8 weeks of ownership:mad:.

Anyway, I am currently in dispute with the finance company regarding returning the vehicle, and it appears as though we may be going to court over the issue.

I am aware that the (reverse) burden of proof is with the other party to prove that the vehicle was not faulty when purchased, but for piece of mind I am wondering if I can prove beyond doubt in anycase.

Anyway, my question is does the car store all of its fault code history? If I have the car scanned with the right equipment, can it be proven that it was throwing faults at mileage x (or a certain date?)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
361 Posts
As far I know, using PP2000 you can retrieve error codes with history, as you need... I guess that in order to get legal value, such scanning should be done with authorized dealer, better ask before connecting any device to car.

erick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, we're currently at Ombudsman stage, so I've ordered the Lexia PP2000 kit so I can see for myself, hopefully this should be enough for them.

If not and I know the answer will be the one I want then it'll be a trip to the dealers for the full legal cover.

·
11,722 Posts
Anyway, my question is does the car store all of its fault code history? If I have the car scanned with the right equipment, can it be proven that it was throwing faults at mileage x (or a certain date?)
Yep, in the BSI log. Stores absolutely everything, even down to failed bulbs, and logs the mileage (albeit in KM).

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Was looking at my 308 last night and found a log of 180 or so faults logged - mainly for the oil pressure guage which the car doesn't have which makes most of them irrelevant so I'm not that concerned. Didn't notice any dates but each one had the speedo reading in km. I was using Diagbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, very helpful.

So the lexia kit arrived and after may hours messing around getting diagbox to work on an old netbook, I finally got some readings.

The journal shows many faults (609 and now being overwritten so it only goes back 30,000 kms), including the 2 instances of the pressure fault in the gearbox (P0006).

Less than 10 miles before I took ownership it is also showing:

Gearbox P0022
Gearbox P0022
O2 sensor P0130
Power Steering P0550

Of course there is no history of any mechanical repair being carried out at this time in the service history.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be the potential cause of the P0022 fault code?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Additionally (if anyone is interested), a global reading of current faults shows:

1. Code A4A1, wiring fault at courtesy light
2. Code F000, Engine wiring fault
3. Code P1536, Fault stop information
4. Code P0571, Vehicle cruise control.
5. Code P0591, Vehicle cruise control
6. Code 1210, Electric power steering
7. F000 Engine fuse box not communicating

I think the gearbox fault is not showing as current as the local garage who read that code immediately cleared it and the car has not been driven since.

I think this now shows what is needed, both the gearbox and power steering systems were showing faults before purchased, and both issues are still apparent. I think I can definitively prove that there were faults with these systems present at the point of sale, and they are significant enough for a rejection of the vehicle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
P0022 confirm problems in auto gearbox, common for type AL4 gearbox if your car mounts it. Usually changing electro valves and oil/greasing solves most of issues, but also it could be an expensive reparation...

"Code F000, Engine wiring fault" points to bad connection or corroded cables, a good inspection of engine cabling and fixing if needed can solves most of other codes.

Hope it helps, erick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for that, I can't express how stressful this whole situation has been, and anything that helps put my mind at rest is most appreciated.:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts