Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Im having problems today with my peugeot 207 sport 1.4 2008 petrol anti pollution fault has come up and engine management light come on also fan keeps running when engine is turned off.
The rac app i have said the problem is P1340 ignition system or misfire.

I have removed the battery cover and checked all plugs going to ECU and all are dry and clean inside as i have read horror stories about water ingress,no white smoke coming from exhaust and water and oil are fine.

Any ideas please.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fan running is usually the coolant sensor faulty or leaking water into loom a misfire will cause an antipollution fault to be displayed but the reason for the misfire could be many things.

I would check the coolant sensor first then decide if there is a real misfire or not

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorted had to take it into the garage it was a coil gone on a cylinder replaced coil and cleared faults all good now,Cheers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer one week on and started again same fault exactly cost me £117 for new coil, read ECU and labour Vat etc ,how do i stand if its showing excact same fault of p1340 Ignition system or Misfire from my rac app connected to black box.
it was no.4 cylinder coil pack they said so i shouldnt have to pay again ????

cheers julian

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your RAC app simply reads fault codes its not the brilliant saviour they claim it is

P1340 is indeed missfire related but missfires are NOT always spark related on this particular engine the missfire can be because not enough fuel is getting in due to bad injectors.

Also peugeot number things back to front number 1 is at flywheel where most others have no 1 at crank end some garages dont seem to know this !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your RAC app simply reads fault codes its not the brilliant saviour they claim it is

P1340 is indeed missfire related but missfires are NOT always spark related on this particular engine the missfire can be because not enough fuel is getting in due to bad injectors.

Also peugeot number things back to front number 1 is at flywheel where most others have no 1 at crank end some garages dont seem to know this !!
Cheers for the reply so quickly,yes i agree about the app it just gives me a hint but the garage read the code properly and replaced no,4 cylinder coil pack and was fine for a week,they should know what this fault code is as it cant be same coil again.
do you think i should have to pay again for same fault code after a week ??

·
Registered
870 Posts
as reliable says, you need to confirm they changed the correct coil (far o/s one)

its not a hard job to change a coil anyway, £17 for a bosch on ebay, undo one bolt , pull electric plug and the coil comes out by lifting the plastic arm.

i would be changing the spark plug as well first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as reliable says, you need to confirm they changed the correct coil (far o/s one)

its not a hard job to change a coil anyway, £17 for a bosch on ebay, undo one bolt , pull electric plug and the coil comes out by lifting the plastic arm.

i would be changing the spark plug as well first.
Cheers changed all spark plugs and all is wel,{l touch wood}

many thanks much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts