Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 2005 1.6 HDi and the depollution warning has popped up. I've had the fault codes read by local independent and am hoping someone can tell me what they mean, what may need fixing and a ballpark figure of cost?

The codes are:
P1351
P0420
P0087
P0093

The car died on me this morning and did so repeatedly, probably half a dozen times over a coulpe of miles. It seems 'choked' if that makes sense and when I turn the engine off there is a distinct whining coming from the engine :(

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
263 Posts
Top one shows a problem with the coilpack.
2nd on is the cat sensor, but is probably coming on because of the top code and 2 below.......
3rd one is fuel pressure low
4th one is major leak detected in fuel supply

These are just from the generic codes list as it was probably read on a snap on style scanner. Pug planet *may* give different descriptions or be more informative.

I'd sort out the fuel pressure side of things first as the coil problem could possibly be related to that and coming up as a symptom rather than a problem

·
Registered
263 Posts
And teaching me not to skim read so much, being a diesel then disregard most of the above, although that's what the codes say!! :D

Fuel pressure is your main problem there though, could simply be a blocked filter

·
Registered
263 Posts
That would be the very first and easiest / cheapest thing to change, but i would keep everything crossed from there in as it could turn out to be rather pricey if it's not that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks magma1974 :) hopefully this little lot will sort it? I'm guessing the glowplugs/fuel filter won't be costly but is a replacement egr likely to put a dent in my wallet?

J

·
0 Posts
EGR £150-£160ish, glowplugs £50ish (but definitely not a quick/easy task to change)

D

·
0 Posts
Top one shows a problem with the coilpack.
2nd on is the cat sensor, but is probably coming on because of the top code and 2 below.......
3rd one is fuel pressure low
4th one is major leak detected in fuel supply

These are just from the generic codes list as it was probably read on a snap on style scanner. Pug planet *may* give different descriptions or be more informative.

I'd sort out the fuel pressure side of things first as the coil problem could possibly be related to that and coming up as a symptom rather than a problem
Coilpack on a diesel??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
EGR £150-£160ish, glowplugs £50ish (but definitely not a quick/easy task to change)
Thanks for this, good to have an idea of cost although it sounds as though labour may be the more expensive element which is fair enough as sadly I am definitely not handy with spanners.

Oh well, will be good to get the car back in a better state than it is now :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts