Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this fault? I've googled it, but I haven't found a solution to it...

Power steering electric pump unit GEP
C1210 Fault engine running
Permanent fault

·
11,706 Posts
Does the power steering feel ok?

I'd check the fluid, disconnect, clean up and re-attach all the electrical connections.

I think there's a known issue with PS units on older 307s though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power steering feels fine. But I have noticed that when I fully turn the steering wheel in gives out like a hissing sound. I had this fault since I got the car 2 months ago and that sound wasn't present.

When you say disconnect, clean up and re-attach all the electrical connections, what and where should I be looking for?

·
5,616 Posts
C1210 is generic ODBII Chassis fault code for valve fault in ABS pump. What code reader did you use as description and code seem at odds

·
5,616 Posts
Planet should be 100% with code read Must be PSA not sticking to the standard codes list

·
5,616 Posts
The generic code is for an ABS fault, As you used planet then the code should be valid, therefore PSA/Peugeot must have not followed the OBDII Standard and used the code number as a PAS error code.

How good is your battery as the PAS fault relates to CAN communications from what I can see, If your battery is on it's last legs you can get this fault, also worth checking multi-plug pump connection and the body earths around pump

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have just changed the battery about a month ago, I had the fault before and after the change.

"...also worth checking multi-plug pump connection and the body earths around pump " how would I do that? :)

·
5,616 Posts
Unplug connector and check for corrosion or water ingress at the pump (on pump inside front of drivers wheel arch). The earths just give them a visual check and if they look suspect unbolt clean with wet and dry or similar re-fit and squirt/cover with grease or wd40 etc to stop on going corrosion.

Did you try clearing code with planet if so did it return as it could be an old code from before battery change

1 - 11 of 11 Posts