Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently blanked off my egr valve on my 1.6 hdi,and have noticed that since I have done it,when I plug in a code reader I am getting the fault code P0410 coming up.I would like to know is this normal after blanking off the valve without having the egr mapped out.I also think my mpg has dropped a bit since doing it.Dose it matter if this code keeps coming up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I blanked off my egr on my hdi and I had engine management light on constantly. Not the code yours is throwing up but one relating to the egr, I understand I'd have to get the ecu egr deleted which I never bothered to do.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the planet code reader as yet,but have a (mickey mouse reader) it's a maxi scan,I have today looked at the book that came with it that has the code meaning with this reader and the p0401 code in the book say's egr not working.
The car doesn't show any lights on the dash regarding the fault code,it's only when you plug the reader in the socket and check for codes.So for now I think I will leave it and keep an eye on my mpg.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
P0410 is what you initially posted this is air pump related
P0401 is what you now say this IS egr related ! low air flow and yes if its blanked the flow will be low ie no flow !

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes,sorry about that reliable406,my mistake.Put it down to age,not sure if I need new specs or a new memory,got to think twice sometimes to remember my own telephone number.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It depends on which software version you have as to whether the fault light comes on.
On this engine you do need to have it mapped out if you blank it.

As for worse fuel consumption, it should actually be better, however with the EML and limp mode the ECU would have reverted to a different set of maps for everything so things like boost pressure will be really low, and even fuel pressure will be lower. It's the ECUs way of keeping everything safe if you have a serious problem causing the limp mode.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your advice guys.Mine is a 307 1.6 110 bhp.Well been out today and done a 30 mile trip a mixture of town and rural driving and after resetting the clocks my ave mpg has worked out at 54 mpg.I haven't had the car long enough to make a comparison as to what it was doing before being blanked off,I don't know what others think,but I wouldn't think that is too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts