Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all and thank you for welcoming me to the site. My father in law has put it on me to remove his dpf and re-map the ecu :stressed:
I have already re-mapped the ecu and I have just dismantled the dpf (and housing) from the exhaust system. What is the best way to get the filter out of the housing??? I thought I would ask some experts (being peugeot owners and fans i'm sure you know more than myself :thumb: )

Didn't want to mess up the father in laws 307 before investigating best options first!!

Hasta luego amigos, from Spain.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Some DPF cannisters split apart so carefully split it and remove contents Using a Wood Drill and washing it through with plenty of water (do use PPE) DPF materials are Hazardous to your health
Some do not Split but a longer wood drill through the ends will do the Job :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip!
No, I can't split the housing to take it out so my best bet would be to do what you said using the wood drill down both ends. If not my next idea would be to cut the square top off the end where it joins the catalytic converter housing. Then get a large drift down the exhaust end hole and try to knock it out as one piece.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
No, I can't split the housing to take it out so my best bet would be to do what you said using the wood drill down both ends. If not my next idea would be to cut the square top off the end where it joins the catalytic converter housing. Then get a large drift down the exhaust end hole and try to knock it out as one piece.
I think three holes Equidistant from the centre would work the a remap with the DPF removed from it and a bit more BHP And that also cuts out the need for the Additive pump :D

Mine is removed Mapped and pump turned off seems to go a lot better and not too much smoke Either

G

·
0 Posts
Mine took an hour to do - with a hammer and screwdriver...:eek:

Definitely do it outdoors, use a mask too, and the ceramic will get easier to break out the further in you go.....

Good luck

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
wood drills are perfect only drill that works well for me. get a pic of the dpf a few dont come apart but a massive hole through the whole lot will be sufficient. ideally the same thickness as the exhaust pipe

my additive pump still works even though my dpf has been deleted a minor glitch considering

·
5,812 Posts
If you do not set DPF ECU to absent in BSI then your pump can continue to run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't do the re-map myself so I don't know if the additive pump has been disabled. I didn't cut the housing in the end. I found a masonry drill bit (biggest I could find in the workshop) and drilled holes through the dpf until it fell apart, it went through it like a knife through butter :cool: had it out in about 10-15mins.
The car is all back together now and I'm pleased to say she's pulling like a train with no fault codes or dash errors whatsoever. Hope it stays that way.

Turning slightly off topic. Putting the dpf back together I noticed a fluid leak coming from the right hand side chassis just after the wheel arch. I haven't got the foggiest what this liquid is... it is a red oily substance which initially I thought was power steering fluid but the p.s. fluid in the 307 is greeny/yellow. it is not coolant or engine oil and is too oily/thick to be diesel...

Is there a possibility it could be the additive leaking from fuel lines??? The fuel lines seem to be the only part running through the chassis in that area...:stars:

Buenas noches!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I may of found the origin of the mysterious fluid. The engine mount (coolant bottle side) was changed recently and I believe those engine mounts contain a fluid to absorb impact. The original was changed because it split so the fluid inside probably leaked out and ran down the inside of the chassis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok... I take back my initial diagnosis of engine mount fluid (although hydraulic engine mounts do exist I promise!! Just wasn't sure if they were on the 307sw haha)
From what I can see on the web eolys fluid is a red/brown colour? Can anyone confirm this?

So my new best guess is the eolys fluid is somewhere leaking out in the chassis leg (where the fuel lines are) or it is running down to the lowest point and dripping out form that area.

The fact that no other fluid on the car is that colour is what is confusing me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If your power steering fluid is yellow/green it's more than likely the wrong stuff.

When i changed my rack i had to post a thread on here cause I couldn't find an answer anywhere as to what it took. Ended up going to peugeot and the stuff they gave me was red/brown colour.

My advice get a tube and get a sample of the fluid out of the pump reservoir and if it's the same colour then theirs your leak.

They engine mounts are solid rubber on 307's but you are right about hydraulic engine mounts they do exist but rare to see them on cars now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts