Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after a bit of advice from members, I have 407 hdi 110 54 plate with 67000 miles. Out of manufacturers warranty. I have a warning light explaining that my particulate filter needs regeneration and to check handbook. The advice given informs me that I must drive at a speed of 40 plus for approx 10mins to clear this warning. However after countless efforts the warning remains in place. I have been told by Peugeot that it will probably mean a fap filter replacement and fluids.. Has anyone had this job undertaken and advice re how much this could cost.. Is it usual for a filter like this to go after 67000 miles. I am still driving the vehicle after a week, however I am aware that it could go into power save mode at any time.. Any advice welcome thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
dannyboy said:
Hi, after a bit of advice from members, I have 407 hdi 110 54 plate with 67000 miles. Out of manufacturers warranty. I have a warning light explaining that my particulate filter needs regeneration and to check handbook. The advice given informs me that I must drive at a speed of 40 plus for approx 10mins to clear this warning. However after countless efforts the warning remains in place. I have been told by Peugeot that it will probably mean a fap filter replacement and fluids.. Has anyone had this job undertaken and advice re how much this could cost.. Is it usual for a filter like this to go after 67000 miles. I am still driving the vehicle after a week, however I am aware that it could go into power save mode at any time.. Any advice welcome thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

The fap filter needs to be re-generated,To regenerate fuel additive is added once the car has been put into a special mode,this superheats the exhaust fumes and burns out the carbon deposits in the filter.

There are 2 types of fluid depending on which one is needed affects the cost (£19-£26 per litre) usually takes around 3 litres plus labour+vat.

PSA recommend the filter is changed at 72k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that informed reply, Peugeot are stating that they cannot regenerate and have to replace the whole system and fluids ....... fear its going to be a few bob thanks for the welcome looks a good site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts