Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were is the FAP/DPF sensor 307 2,0 HDI 2002 RHS engine. I have change the partikel filter but even that i get a fault that says filter full so i whant try to change the sensor. If you have some picture also post them please. Get also a fault Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Blocked relay.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The glow plugs are probably open circuit and they are needed for the DPF system. They can be checked individually with a ohmmeter and they should show about 2ohms resistance each if OK. Open circuit if not. They are right at the back of the engine and need great care when removing as they can snap very easily. Plenty of WD40 and slowly undo a bit and then return then undo a bit more and return until they come out. Doing that should clean their tips of carbon which is the main cause of them snapping in the block. Needs patience and luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the Haynes manual it is located on the engine compartment bulkhead.
Ok but I have checked see nothing there is it on the battery side or the other side ? Is behind the engine ? Try to check YouTube for some instructions but nothing there.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It is a rectangle object bolted to the bulkhead with a pipe feeding into a circular object held in place with a wire clamp on the body of the mounted block. Can you not get hold of a Haynes manual no 4147? It shows it In the section on emission control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a rectangle object bolted to the bulkhead with a pipe feeding into a circular object held in place with a wire clamp on the body of the mounted block. Can you not get hold of a Haynes manual no 4147? It shows it In the section on emission control.
Ok I have the Swedish version of Haynes I know how the sensor looks I have bought one. Is very tight to see behind the engine. Must I take away the wipers and the plastic console that are all the way under the wipers to get better access to the bulkhead?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yes it is easy enough as long as the wipers come off without too much effort. When I first did my first removal they were very very tight. Even with the correct puller they needed a few light taps on the drive socket to get them off and even then it took an age. Probably the first time they had ever been off. I recommend you use a puller if they appear reluctant to move. You could try a lever but do not overdo the force as it would be a uneven load and they need to come off straight as they are splined. Once they are off the rest is straight forward taking the false work off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is easy enough as long as the wipers come off without too much effort. When I first did my first removal they were very very tight. Even with the correct puller they needed a few light taps on the drive socket to get them off and even then it took an age. Probably the first time they had ever been off. I recommend you use a puller if they appear reluctant to move. You could try a lever but do not overdo the force as it would be a uneven load and they need to come off straight as they are splined. Once they are off the rest is straight forward taking the false work off.
ok many thanks for all advice. I will use a puller.
Wish you a happy christmas and happy new year.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
When you replaced the filter did you tell the ecu it has a new filter if you did not then it will continue to report the fault also if the filter was clogged it probably has no fluid left either so you need to refill the fluid and tell it it has a full tank too.

As well as glow plugs working the system needs to see the fuel cap being opened and closed all these things need checked BEFORE replacing parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you replaced the filter did you tell the ecu it has a new filter if you did not then it will continue to report the fault also if the filter was clogged it probably has no fluid left either so you need to refill the fluid and tell it it has a full tank too.

As well as glow plugs working the system needs to see the fuel cap being opened and closed all these things need checked BEFORE replacing parts.
But I see no container for fluid on the car. In my computer with the Peugeot program there is no option to married the filter with the car. Is a 307 2,0 HDI 2002. So ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Forget one thing. The engine lamp and the alarm for clogged filter comes and go some times is away for some days. When I press the engine upwards in a road with a trailer back the light and warning comes. After a while when the engine don't need to work so hard it come of.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It makes it really difficult and time consuming if people don't give as much viable info as they can when first posting as we can waste time advising them to find they have already done it or that there is history to the defect. I would follow reliable 406 advice first and see what comes of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts