Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Gents,

Please bare with me, my first post, and like many its a defect related post!
I have been researching for the last 3 days on this subject and am after some help.

Car: 2002 307 110 HDI
Particulate filter/Cat is a sealed unit

Minimum fluid warning light comes on after 2 minutes - This requires filling, this is understood.
Filter blocked and engine management light comes on after 5 minutes - also fine. I have the cables on order and i am going to Gut my Filter and remove the DPF from the system, to save on the hassle.

However, Before any fault lights come on there is no turbo pull.

I have tonight removed the filter completely from the car and driven it down a private road - however there is still no turbo pull - i made the assumption that if the filter was blocked and clogged then its a mechanical problem and causing back pressure, thus not allowing the turbo to spool up correctly. It would rev freely around to 4000-5000rpm but there just isnt any power.

Now my asssumptions are if the car revs freely then its not in any type of limp mode and maybe i have a turbo actuator fault?

Any help is much appreciated guys, ive just bought this car for my other half to run around in!

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it is planet that you are getting then you should be able to identify what faults are registering. Interpreting the faults is the hard part.

It would be hard to determine the problem/s without a full global test.

However, with a blocked dpf, yes, the turbo will not spool as much and the car can go in and out of limp mode.

Problem is that with a blocked dpf, underlying turbo problems may not be obvious and only show themselves once the dpf is sorted or programmed out. If you have no turbo spool now, sorting or gutting the dpf may not address it.

Like I say once you have planet, people could advise you easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have purchased the Galletto 1250 for reading the files so i can get the DPF removed.

I do have a good friend with planet so may get him round tuesday to read the Faults.

It looks like its got a mechanical actuator so i shall check that tomorrow to ensure its functioning correctly aswell.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You will need planet to turn off the DPF in a couple of locations as well.

There is a good thread on here about turning off the DPF. It's probably about 60 pages long by now but well worth a read. Be 100% sure before you start.

Low or no boost could be a few things including turbo control solenoid, vacuum leak at the vacuum hoses, reservoir or intercooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well after some more research i have just been out and cleaned up the doser valve.

I noticed it was staying open when engine was running so I pushed it closed, gave it some lubrication and took it for a drive. I now have some acceleration. It still doesnt feel fast but it certainly picks up.

I dont have the cat fitted at the moment so maybe im loosing some power due to low back pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts