Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know this subject has been done to death. I think I've read just about all the threads on this forum, before joining and hoping someone will be able to help me.

Please excuse me if I don't use the correct Peugeot Planet terminology, but I just started using it today and have it on a dual boot system, so I can't using and be on this site at the same time(I don't have the drivers for the network card for XP yet)

Just replaced my fuel cap sensor and can't clear the fault in PP. The fault is it's open circuit, but it's showing as 'present' in the parameters. I also noticed that it doesn't change state when I take the cap out.

I have doubled checked and the cap does have two magnets on it.

Will need to wait till the weather improves to look into it further. Can I test the circuit from the ECU? Where abouts is it?

Also I filled an empty Additives tank at the same time, managed to reset the two counters, but still getting 'Minimum Additives' error. On the main ECU diagnostic screen I saw an error stating that the tank is over full. Is that possible? How do I drain it?

Thanks

Gav

·
11,711 Posts
I did a counters reset earlier this week for a fellow forummer. I was also concerned to see the "overfull" warning, and someone else posted this week that he got his additive filled by Peugeot who didn't fill it completely.

So maybe there is a trick in not filling it to the brim.

Anyway, we followed the on-screen instructions, cleared the fault and it stayed clear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted now. I took the fuel cap off again for about 5-10 minutes and ran the global test again. Lo-and-behold, all the errors, except two, where cleared.

I still have a fault on the ECU that manages the FAP, but I hope it clears itself, once I'm able to force a regeneration.

The other fault is oil temperature, but reading elsewhere here, this fault is common, because my model doesn't have a oil temperature sensor.

Thanks everyone here for this invaluable resource.

·
Registered
150 Posts
when i took my 307 to the stealers for elloys to be filled a while back i dropped car of in the morning got a phone call about lunch time telling me that i needed a new elloys tank which would cost £600 as they hadfilled and done a regen but antipllution fault was still on i said i would collect the car i asked the chap if they took of fuel cap to reset fault he said all the guys have done this job many times and they now what they are doing i paid him £98 and left with fault still on when i started car and drove to petrol station fill car the fault had gone so PEUGEOT RUGBY ON THE LEICESTER ROAD YOU WA**ERS:thief::shame:

·
Registered
437 Posts
All sorted now. I took the fuel cap off again for about 5-10 minutes and ran the global test again. Lo-and-behold, all the errors, except two, where cleared.

I still have a fault on the ECU that manages the FAP, but I hope it clears itself, once I'm able to force a regeneration.

The other fault is oil temperature, but reading elsewhere here, this fault is common, because my model doesn't have a oil temperature sensor.

Thanks everyone here for this invaluable resource.
When configuring items in planet there are usually 2 options 'Present' and 'Absent'.

With the oil temperature I found that there was a third option, cant quite remember what it was but was something like 'DW10ATED Engine' I changed it to this and configured and the oil temperature fault cleared and never came back :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did a counters reset earlier this week for a fellow forummer. I was also concerned to see the "overfull" warning, and someone else posted this week that he got his additive filled by Peugeot who didn't fill it completely.

So maybe there is a trick in not filling it to the brim.

Anyway, we followed the on-screen instructions, cleared the fault and it stayed clear.
Gibbo;

I have a 207 1.6HDi and have had sluggish running issues with it and have assumed it could be the DPF.
With the help from CAB from here we had Planet plugged up recently which confirmed all seemed OK with the DPF and he advised I disconnect the EGR to try. Car runs much, much better and I have now blanked the EGR but it still does not seem as lively as it should be and has flatspots all the way up the rev range.

Planet reported it had done a regen some 15 miles ago, DPF was at 54% which looked OK.

The concern was it seems to be doing frequent regens and the additive bladder said it was at 104% 2100ml.

This seems strange for a car with nearly 40K on the clock but I don't know it's full history and if the tank has actually been refilled.

Could there be an issue with the tank level sensor?
Is 54% a normal value to see the DPF load report?

Advice appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
I did a counters reset earlier this week for a fellow forummer. I was also concerned to see the "overfull" warning
P1445
After sales description of the fault code Additive system : Quantity of additive remaining in the tank too great

Was this the code Gibbo? Seen this before when both counters haven't been reset only one of them. Or neither reset and car just keeps counting.

Chris, think the frequent regens may have been down to how you had been driving, trying to make the car regen as you thought this may have been the problem.

54% ain't anything to worry about seen car far higher with issues around regen's once the fault was sorted car's regen'd fine. Additive pump was also tested and confirmed working.

Only way to be sure on any 2nd hand car with regards to additive is to get under the car remove cover and actually check the level in the tank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gibbo;

I have a 207 1.6HDi and have had sluggish running issues with it and have assumed it could be the DPF.
With the help from CAB from here we had Planet plugged up recently which confirmed all seemed OK with the DPF and he advised I disconnect the EGR to try. Car runs much, much better and I have now blanked the EGR but it still does not seem as lively as it should be and has flatspots all the way up the rev range.

Planet reported it had done a regen some 15 miles ago, DPF was at 54% which looked OK.

The concern was it seems to be doing frequent regens and the additive bladder said it was at 104% 2100ml.

This seems strange for a car with nearly 40K on the clock but I don't know it's full history and if the tank has actually been refilled.

Could there be an issue with the tank level sensor?
Is 54% a normal value to see the DPF load report?

Advice appreciated.
tell you what mate sounds like my car, mine has 40,000 on it and additive bladder says 98% and don't run very smooth anymore gonna try disconnecting egr and try.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got out of my car this evening, to hear that bloody fan going again. I thought that would of stopped, once I replaced the fuel cap switch, topped up the additive and cleared the faults.

Apparently not...

So back out now with PP2000 and found that the faults I clears have returned. They are:

Diesel Fuel Additive Control Unit: Permanent fault. ECU fault. (NB. This one never cleared)
Diesel Fuel Additive Control Unit: Intermittent fault. Diesel tank cap signal. Open circuit.

Engine ECU: Permanent Fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied.
Engine ECU: Permanent fault. Additive system Value received by the CAN incorrect
Engine ECU: Permanent fault. Additive system Fuel tank cap presence sensor

Just cleared the faults (except the first one doesn't clear) and tried both a stationary regen and a moving regen. Both reported back saying 'Regeneration Impossible' and all the faults returned.

Any ideas where to check next?

I never found where the fuel cap sensor cable terminate, so I didn't check for open circuit.

I need to sort this out shortly as I just found where to get the live readings from PP2000 and the FAP filter is at 80%.

·
Registered
53 Posts
P1445
After sales description of the fault code Additive system : Quantity of additive remaining in the tank too great

Was this the code Gibbo? Seen this before when both counters haven't been reset only one of them. Or neither reset and car just keeps counting.

Chris, think the frequent regens may have been down to how you had been driving, trying to make the car regen as you thought this may have been the problem.

54% ain't anything to worry about seen car far higher with issues around regen's once the fault was sorted car's regen'd fine. Additive pump was also tested and confirmed working.

Only way to be sure on any 2nd hand car with regards to additive is to get under the car remove cover and actually check the level in the tank.
Hi Cris

Ok, when next feeling brave will take a look at the bladder and see if I can confirm if it's full or not. As you say, you tested pump and it definitely works.

Since disconnecting the egr, and now blanked it, it certainly runs much better but the hesitation is still there. You put your foot down and all the way up the rev range is seems to hold back.

From a Planet perspective, as you proved for me, all looks OK and no errors. Cleared the EGR ones and nothing has come back since blanking the egr so all ok there.

So if all is Ok with DPF & EGR, have also disconnected MAF with no difference then maybe I need to look elsewhere for the cause of the hesitation issues. Maybe it could be fuel supply related.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New glow plugs, new fuel cap, clean fuse and holder in engine bay for additive ECU (based on experience and previous recent threads).
New glow plugs? Is there one for the FAP filter, or are you talking about plugs for each cylinder?

As for the fuel cap, is it easy to change the lock to match original keys? I've replace the sensor and checked that both magnets are present.

From my rather unhelpful Haynes manual, the Emissions ECU should be Fuse 5.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New glow plugs, new fuel cap, clean fuse and holder in engine bay for additive ECU (based on experience and previous recent threads).

Checked ECU fuse... no sign of corrosion or poor connection.

Just had a look at the glow plug job... Job now shuffled to the bottom of the list.

Tracking down new fuel cap, or at least one that I can borrow to test.

C

·
0 Posts
Hi Cris

Ok, when next feeling brave will take a look at the bladder and see if I can confirm if it's full or not. As you say, you tested pump and it definitely works.

Since disconnecting the egr, and now blanked it, it certainly runs much better but the hesitation is still there. You put your foot down and all the way up the rev range is seems to hold back.

From a Planet perspective, as you proved for me, all looks OK and no errors. Cleared the EGR ones and nothing has come back since blanking the egr so all ok there.

So if all is Ok with DPF & EGR, have also disconnected MAF with no difference then maybe I need to look elsewhere for the cause of the hesitation issues. Maybe it could be fuel supply related.
Might be worth trying fuel from a different petrol station and try a branded fuel (esso, bp) and give it a few treatments of millers ecomax, before pulling it apart and spending money. Simple basic stuff 1st as it ain't showing anything out of the ordinary.

When was it last serviced? including fuel filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Might be worth trying fuel from a different petrol station and try a branded fuel (esso, bp) and give it a few treatments of millers ecomax, before pulling it apart and spending money. Simple basic stuff 1st as it ain't showing anything out of the ordinary.

When was it last serviced? including fuel filter.
Hi Cris
It's just had a full service with genuine parts and correct oil etc so it's getting the best treatment :)
Last fill up was £77 worth of BP Ultimax

Since blanking the egr last week it's been much better but is still hesitating and tonight on the way home has thrown up the "Depollution System Fault" again with
P0401 (EGR "A" Flow Insufficient Detected)
P0113 (Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1)
P0104 (MAF Intermittent) - Ignoring this one as MAF Unplugged at the time.

Cleared the errors so will see how it goes. Surprised it's putting light on - there must be a sensor post EGR.

Will swing by Halfords and try the Millers, can't do any harm.

More head scratching to do then :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
eolys pump?

Hi, new to the forum so sorry if I have jumped in at the wrong spot. I have a 2006 307 wagon with the 1.6 ltr diesel. A while ago I got the the usual message re fluid low a possible blocking of the filter. I had a look at the fluid and it was half full but the dealers wanted $2000 plus labour to replace the filter so i took it out washed it and it went well for 60K. I want to sell the car now but the fluid message kept coming on so I put it back to another dealer who said that the eolys pump was not working and an eolys injector was blocked. The remedy for this was claimed to be a new fuel tank as they say the eolys pump is in the fuel tank. This they say is $4000 to replace!!!. Does this sound correct? I have the hard container for the eolys.

Thanks Dave

1 - 20 of 29 Posts