Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could anybody let me know the best wat to chance the fanbelt on my 307 sw 1.6hdi as there is no haynes manual out for it yet (56 plate) and theres not a lot of room at the side of it :thumb: thanks in advance

G

·
If you mean the auxillary belt, then TBH it's best left to the dealer - it's only 0.4hrs labour, and they have the proper tool to tension it properly. The outlay's worth saving the effing and jeffing you'd suffer taking 4 times as long to do it yerself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aux belt

I think i will take your advice if its that bad i thought it would be a straight forward job just not sure how and were the tensioners are anyway a trip to peugeot it is as i cannot live with the noise it make first thing in the morning when damp :thumb:

G

·
toddy2 said:
there is no tensioner,the belt is wound on and are a pig to fit even with the tool..:)

toddy
You use the tool to move the alternator to apply tension, then tighten it all up. The car itself has no tensioner on this belt.

You're right though - it's a gnarly knuckle blood job. Pay a spanner monkey to do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.