Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there can any1 tell me whats wrong with my 406 2.0hdi estate. ive owned the car now 12mths and the radiator fan as never come on even on long jurneys, with no problems at all. but yesterday on a 1mile trip to the shop the fan came on. mmmmmm strange i thought, got home and it went off. then this morning as soon as i started up the fan came on from cold and as not gone off and now have a flat battery. is there any sensors i can check if so where are they, failing that im going to un plug the wires.
any help much appreciated.

simon.

G

·
Hi

I dont know the 406 specifically, so this is an educated reply!

As you said it came on from cold, that would indicate its probaby either the temperature sensor or the controlling relay.

Your manual should show you which relay it is - or check the online manual at public servicebox.

You could try unplugging the temperature sensor I guess too, as if that stops it, the relay is fine.

David

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BestGear said:
Hi

I dont know the 406 specifically, so this is an educated reply!

As you said it came on from cold, that would indicate its probaby either the temperature sensor or the controlling relay.

Your manual should show you which relay it is - or check the online manual at public servicebox.

You could try unplugging the temperature sensor I guess too, as if that stops it, the relay is fine.

David
cheers mate i just traced the problem to a relay so ive disconected it for now.

simon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts