Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, this may be nothing but thought it better to ask.

I have a 307 HDI 1.6 (110) cracking car, but a few problems.
I have the good old Anti-pollution fault which i am going to get checked by a friend with peugoet planet.
Something i have noticed is that when i turn the engine off, even from a very short journey (like less than a minute) the fan comes on. It isnt on when the engine is running, but soon it is off, the fan goes nuts, for a good few minutes.

Just wondering if this is normal? Someone here mentioned a fan making his battery go flat. I havnt had any such problems but wondered what everyones thoughts are.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
What's the temperature showing on the dashboard before you turn off your car?

It's possible that thermostat is broken, and it's stuck so it does not open for additional water.

D

·
0 Posts
Get a diagnostic check done. I'll bet the car will need heater plugs. The ecu is trying to do a regeneration on the particle filter but cannot as it cannot reach a high enough temperature. Even one heater plug failing will cause a problem with regenerations.
Also there is a software update for the fan running on problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The temp is normal when i turn off- it never runs above normal (that i notice)

I would be interested in the software update- is that something from Peugoet and if so, is there a cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
How can I change a heater plug on a 1.6 HDi without having to rip the engine out to get at the damn things?

Will it regenerate if i take it for a blast down the road at 120kmh in 4th gear for 15 mins with a duff plug?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can I change a heater plug on a 1.6 HDi without having to rip the engine out to get at the damn things?

Will it regenerate if i take it for a blast down the road at 120kmh in 4th gear for 15 mins with a duff plug?
First step would be to start your own thread....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
No is the answer Hysteria. You need 4 plugs working. Check the forum as stated for plug fitting advice. Not a comfortable job to do but doable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts