Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My stepfather has a 607 hdi 2.2. He's noticed the past 2 days that he can hear the fan come on when he gets to work which is approx a 5-10 minute drive at the most.

He also said usually the temperature gauge hardly moves during this daily trip but today was about half way which is pretty strange for such a short journey.

He checked the water levels and everything was fine.

Anyone shed any light on this problem?

He has a 5* AA Warranty until May so would like to get it sorted asap.

Cheers

WJUK

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
WackoJackoUK said:
Hi guys

My stepfather has a 607 hdi 2.2. He's noticed the past 2 days that he can hear the fan come on when he gets to work which is approx a 5-10 minute drive at the most.

He also said usually the temperature gauge hardly moves during this daily trip but today was about half way which is pretty strange for such a short journey.

He checked the water levels and everything was fine.

Anyone shed any light on this problem?

He has a 5* AA Warranty until May so would like to get it sorted asap.

Cheers

WJUK
thats because your low speed fan is not working/faulty..

common cause when resistors show an open circuit..

let me know if you need further help..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ScotCruz

I'll let him know. I spoke to him yesterday and he spoke to the garage mechanic and they mentioned about the air conditioning fan and asked if he has the a/c on, saying that if he has a/c on then the fan will come on to keep it cool and to keep a eye on it. He does have it on so will check this but surely he would have noticed this before?

What do you think - is this possible? or is the bloke talking carp?

Regarding your suggestion - is there any way he can check himself?

Thanks

WJUK

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
WackoJackoUK said:
Thanks ScotCruz

I'll let him know. I spoke to him yesterday and he spoke to the garage mechanic and they mentioned about the air conditioning fan and asked if he has the a/c on, saying that if he has a/c on then the fan will come on to keep it cool and to keep a eye on it. He does have it on so will check this but surely he would have noticed this before?

What do you think - is this possible? or is the bloke talking carp?

Regarding your suggestion - is there any way he can check himself?

Thanks

WJUK
there is no such thing as airconditioning fan..

bascially there are two fan in a 607..

One is a low speed fan (on all the time at low speed)

the other is high speed fan (only comes on when necessary) or when the temperature goes on.

the high speed fan comes when the aircon is on.. however, in this temperature I doubt it to be the case.. which points straight to the problem that the low speed fan is not working..

further adding on to the airconditioning bit.. when the climate control is on and set to auto, (which is recommended and I have it set on auto and a/c) then the compressor should not come on until the temperature outside is higher then the setting on your aircon display.. so really it wont be the cause..

NOW the trouble is that both fans sit behind the grill.. if you dont want to take off the grill then you need to check it in day light, engine swtiched on and see if the low speed fan comes on.. if not then it could be one of the two things..

The fan being faulty
the low speed fan resistor being faulty (common cause) the copper coil becomes corroded and hence causes the fan not to work..

check if this is the case, the resistors are only £14 each, and when you are replacing the low speed one, I recommended to replace the high speed one too..

you will know what I mean when you take it out, it would have turned into green limescalish instead of nice and clean copper..

good luck mate, let me know if you need any help.. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts