Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have just bought a peugeot 307 and didnt realise until i got it home that the blowers are not working (my fault i should have checked them properly). I have done everything i can think of and its doing my head in. I have checked all fuses first off to see if there were any blown which there were not.

I next checked the motor for the blowers which works fine when connected to a 12v supply.

Next i checked the connector block to the resistor. pin 1 had a bit of wear on it so cleaned it off with some wet and dry paper and put it back in but this didnt work.

how would you test the resistor itself?

what would be the next thing to do? I dont really want to take it to a garage as i know that they will try and shaft me and i have a baby due in january so need all the money i can get.

Please help as i dont know what to do and i dont feel safe putting a baby in the car with the windscreen fogging up.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I just really dont know where to turn.

thanks in advance to any help.

chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
When you cleaned the connector on the resistor did you clean the connector on the loom which plugs to the resistor? The loom burns out on the resistor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea we did have a go at this but its not the easiest thing to get to with such a short wire.

is there any way to check the resistor is still working?

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.