Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 hdi 110 2003
hi folks fan belt tensioner went yesterday just wondering i any of you guys had same problem and if so how long should it take to fit
as garage charged 2 hours labour for a piece of kit that only has 1 fixing so i was told by a friend / mechanic
tensioner £50 fan belt £20 £60 labour
seems a bit steep to me as wife took car to garage and just wanted to see if they trying to pull the wool
many thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi ...

I had the same thing with my 307...you have to remove the front wheel,strip out the wheel arch and then replace the tensioner which is a really awkward...then put it all back together...i think your parts and labour charge is fair....
Matt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mines is on it's way out too (It's currently sitting at an angle but still connected)

I got the part for £30 and am hoping that it will be no more than £20 for fitting via my mate's "home" garage.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If your going to replace your tensioner,make sure you do the belt at the same time.a very awkward job just to have do it all again for a new belt,and the second time will be harder as you will have already taken the bolt out of the new tensioner. just a thought.
Matt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts