Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, new to the forum so please be gentle.

my wife was driving the car home tonight when the battery charge light came on, got the car home had a quick look where I found a belt from the side of the engine block shredded. my little knowledge knows its not the timing belt but not sure if its a fan belt or the aux belt.

the question is there a difference between the two belts and can I drive the car to my nearest garage less than a mile away.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if it has an adjuster then its very easy to change. you can drive it but if the battery falls below voltage the car will stop.

i changed mine in about 3 mins doing it under the bonnet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks monty.

as I am not technical minded when it comes to cars I think a trip to the garage is in order. the garage is less than half a mile away. I am concerned why it has shredded so badly.

P

·
0 Posts
thanks monty.

as I am not technical minded when it comes to cars I think a trip to the garage is in order. the garage is less than half a mile away. I am concerned why it has shredded so badly.
When was it last replaced? Belts can fail over years. Be wary of battery draining to much, can potentially forget the keys that are sync'd to the car and you'll have issue's starting.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
hi everyone, new to the forum so please be gentle.

my wife was driving the car home tonight when the battery charge light came on, got the car home had a quick look where I found a belt from the side of the engine block shredded. my little knowledge knows its not the timing belt but not sure if its a fan belt or the aux belt.

the question is there a difference between the two belts and can I drive the car to my nearest garage less than a mile away.
if you charge the battery before you set off the it will be fine driving half a mile but make sure everything is turned off ie lights heater

1 - 6 of 6 Posts