Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
False indicator/brake light warnings?

I have an intermittant fault, which I assume is a false warning, well I think it is as not able to check light's when it occurs.

On occasions, when I touch the brake pedal I am getting the warning 'direction indicators faulty' and on some occasions when indicating I am getting 'brake lights faulty'.

Thinking it might be bad earth/connection in one of the rear lights but not had a chance to investigate yet.

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I did have a look at the offside unit today and after disturbing it the indicator bulb failed, so was wondering if that was part of the problem.

Think I will do the new earth wire fix when I get a chance.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This fault is really common and bloody annoying, my car has hardly stopped moving for the last few months, but next week it's all over and I can get around to sorting it and the faults it has accumulated; this being the first thing on my list :nod:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this problem last year and after checking the bulbs was all set to add the extra earth wire to the rear light assembly when in a fit of laziness I grabbed a stiff artists paint brush and cleaned the plug/connector thingies as best as I could which fixed it... for the last 12 months anyway.

Straight after that the Low tyre pressure warning icon started flashing so I pumped up the tyres and this worked as well! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I scared the hell out of the dealer I got my 407 from with the tpms light being on, quoting prices of £70 each for valves and sensors, sucking air through my front teeth and all that.

Got it home, pumped up the n/s front tyre by 3 psi and the warning went off. Result :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far all is good since fitting the new earth wires.

After the original indicator bulb blew I ordered a couple off the internet, however when I fitted one it is much less orange than the other side. The seller has sent two more which are no better. The bulbs look orange enough themselves, but the light emitted from the cluster just doesn't seem orange enough. I can't see it passing the mot like this.

Anyone else had issues with indicator bulbs not being orange enough?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts