Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am getting a lot of false red BRAKE messages appear on the dashboard.

I've cleaned the radar surface as I thought it might have been that but still getting them.

Happens mostly when on A roads or Motorways - sometimes no cars in front and other times constant distance from car in front.

Anyone else experience these recently ? Is it temperature related and increased stopping distances maybe ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Currently I am getting a lot of false red BRAKE messages appear on the dashboard.

I've cleaned the radar surface as I thought it might have been that but still getting them.

Happens mostly when on A roads or Motorways - sometimes no cars in front and other times constant distance from car in front.

Anyone else experience these recently ? Is it temperature related and increased stopping distances maybe ?
No, something is wrong there if you are getting them that often and randomly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In four weeks of ownership I've had one false alert, which I put down to a glitch. I don't remember any adverse weather conditions.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As Denzel suggests, this does rather sound like a fault. You shouldn't be seeing it regularly.

I've had 'Brake' appear, usually when I'm gaining on another car that is turning off. Once my car intervened with an actual brake operation as I approached a gap, because it thought a lorry that was travelling towards me was aiming for me!

I seem to recall seeing the 'Brake' message once on a road that had an undulating uneven surface, so it is prone to the odd glitch (as LeMutt says).

I've been through snow and rain with my previous 2017 GT and not seen any of these warnings on clear roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts