Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just noticed that what I thought was the accelerator pedal stop on my car actually cuts in at only about 80% of the actual pedal travel. I had a bit of a 'moment' :mygod: :angrydriv recently when overtaking at full throttle and in a panic mashed the accelerator pedal really hard and noticed that it overrode the normal accelerator pedal stop with a gentle 'click' (that I could feel through my shoe) and gave me a bit more power.

I have now tried this several times and It seems very linear and consistent, as if it is meant to do that. I am in a quandary as to if this a fault, or if it is a feature. Has anyone else noticed this ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wouldnt have thought it gives more power,
Just your imagination :p
Full throttle is when the pedal hits the first stop,the click and further travel are just for overiding the speed limiter :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
A lot of cars do have this and it does stop before full throttle it probably needed a good push to get it to go all the way as you would rarely really use full throttle so it was a bit stiff.

It wont give more power just gives you the last bit of travel that is not normally used.

·
6,304 Posts
If it has speed limiter option it is the override switch for emergencies function

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that is what it is, speed limiter override. The car apparently has the speed limiter installed but I have never used it. None of my other cars have this function, so I was unfamiliar with how it works.

I have now found it in the owners manual. Thx guys. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts