Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 3008 2010 for 5 months and peugeot have said I need 3 new injectors at a cost of £1800 I purchased from a car dealer got a 3 month warranty wich has now expired can I still take it back to the dealer or am I royally ###### thanks for any advice. Car has done 68000 miles

· Registered
5,942 Posts
May not be quite what you want to hear but the car is 7 years old so AFAIK is well out of manufacturers warranty. You've had the car for 2 months beyond the warranty given by the seller so I guess it's down to you unless you can show that the seller knew that the injectors were bad when they sold the car in which case there may be some protection under the sale of goods act as it pertains to motor vehicles.

Other than that, it's likely a reputable independant with knowledge of Peugeots would come in quite a bit cheaper than the main dealer or if your handy with the spanners think about doing the job yourself. If car mechanics isn't your thing then use the web to find a local garage with good feedback and get a quote from them.

· Registered
660 Posts
The sale of goods act means that the onus is on the seller to prove that a fault did not exist at the time of sale or that they informed you of any defects at the time of sale, which you may have accepted (would probably have to been written down). There is a 6 month period for this, after which the onus is on the buyer. So in this case I would take it back to the seller to get them to fix under the sale of goods act. If they won't then a recorded letter informing them you will be taking them to the small claims court to recover your losses.

· Registered
5,942 Posts
The sale of goods act means that the onus is on the seller to prove that a fault did not exist at the time of sale or that they informed you of any defects at the time of sale, which you may have accepted (would probably have to been written down). There is a 6 month period for this, after which the onus is on the buyer. So in this case I would take it back to the seller to get them to fix under the sale of goods act. If they won't then a recorded letter informing them you will be taking them to the small claims court to recover your losses.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure on what the details were and didn't want to spout nonsense and give incorrect advice :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.