Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a long time since I've posted anything on here. But now I had to do it again.

Right, I've noticed the diesel smell when car is on idle. When returned home I've also noticed a small oil leak on my drive which had a diesel smell..

So I removed the engine cover just to find out that 2 out of 4 diesel injectors are rusted and a lot of diesel around them.

So I've tried to start the engine to see if there are any noticeable leaks, but I could find them. Had someone to rev the engine in the hope that I would spot the leak as more pressure is applied to the fuel rail.

So only options are the copper seal or the low pressure/return pipe? How hard is to replace them? Is anyone in here can get the correct part numbers if I PM my reg?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More comments,
I've managed to collect all of the diesel from the injector seats. It was a lot. Still not noticeable leaks.

Only 3rd from left injector has issues. Left the car running for 10 min and only 3rd one had diesel around it.

Only place which stayed wet is the plastic clip which goes into injector. I believe it's a return pipe?

Is there some sort of seals inside it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I already ordered OEM part 1574 HL. Hopefully will be able to replace it without removing the intake manifold. 🥺

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So replaced the leak off pipe today, now it stopped leaking..But I've also spotted a leak from the injector itself.
Can the below part be replaced? Or is it a new injector time?

How hard is it to replace the injector? I've tried removing 2 nuts holding it in place, but I think the injector is seized, it wouldn't even move.

For time being I applied some sealicone sealer, as the car is in a daily use.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That’s a high pressure line so silicone isn’t going to help. Unusual to leak there. Wiggle the injectors or use a slide hammer.

New one might need coding to ECU however

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a high pressure line so silicone isn’t going to help. Unusual to leak there. Wiggle the injectors or use a slide hammer.

New one might need coding to ECU however
Thank you, the leak isn't pressurised, so it holds for time being.

So even if I get a exactly same part number will it still need to be coded?

What others options to seal the leak?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update again,

I've ordered an used injector of a flebay (will keep it just in case if it starts to leak again) but it seems that I fixed my leak.

And from the info I gathered new injector won't need to be coded if it came from a same engine code as my current one. Well, I have Diagbox anyway.

Got a spanner last night and torqued as hard as possible. Today did a 75 mile trip and it's dry.

So probably it had 2 leaks, 1 from the return pipe and high pressure pipe.

As oring in the return pipe was damaged.

And the engine runs like a baby, a lot quieter and better mpg.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That’s brilliant news. Sorry I didn’t get to reply to the earlier post. Glad to hear it’s fixed and that it was a cheap fix too!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts