Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to pay 60 pounds to have new brake discs and pads replaced, the thing is they were new in May2016 and under guarantee, I had managed to get a new set from the manufacturers, but they failed through no fault of my own, if a electronic item fails, it is the manufacturers responsibility, just pondering now, should they be liable for labour costs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Sorry, the 60 pounds was for labour, the discs and pads were replaced by the manufacturer, after i reported the bearings has failed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It would depend on the age of the car, and if you have any kind of manufacturers warranty?

If you just went to the garage (older than 3 years from new), then only the parts are warranted, and you have to pay again for labour. Most invoices will state only parts carry a warranty when you have work done at your own cost.

Sorry mate. £60 sounds like a good deal though.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Yes, electronics like a TV or Hifi etc are covered and do indeed get replaced up to a certain point BUT after a round 3 months the supplier is within their rights to repair the item and only replace if repair is not possible or too costly. If like for like replacement isn't possible and the nearest similar item is a lot more expensive, they can offer a refund. The one thing not many people take into consideration though is that the consumer is responsible for returning the item at their cost - be it returning to the store with the associated cost of getting to the store, postage costs and in a lot of cases, paying for proof of delivery and receipt or paying the store to collect large items. Many places offer free return but far from all of them. This is no different to the faulty brake parts being replaced free of charge but you having to pay for the labour. The manufacturer actually honoured there liability by replacing the parts but they are not responsible for fitting the parts to the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts