Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Fish. Where did you get that with this lockdown?. Stoke have closed our markets and the one near me has the only wet fish man in Staffs. Good job I have a few fillets in the freezer. Only one salmon fillet left though!

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
After many painful attempts, finally got a flywheel lock tool made and went through the process again.
This time we managed to get it all working and going again with only what now appears to be a faulty temperature sensor, but otherwise the car is driving very nicely. Thanks again for your help!

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
It certainly is a tricky one to get timing correct! Much appreciate all the support here.

Am I right that temperature sensor is now the issue?
Background: Car was bought when overheating, but no signs of head gasket issues or other major concerns. Did all the usual, thermostat, flushed water/coolant lines etc and found major blockages, but still issues. Ended up checking head gasket without any issue showing, and replaced it all and hence the timing issue - now all back together. Taking it for first drive, it sat around 15degrees higher than may friends identical car (usually around 90C). On second drive, it did go into the red and start giving warnings, but both times, the engine was not hot, no boiling coolant, could put my hand on the engine without issue (a little warm).

Looking at replacing the temperature sensor, but is there any other possible reason for this happening?

Registered
I assume you missed the word "no" before "major issues"? Blocked or partial blockage of the radiator maybe! I would remove it and blow the fins through as well as a good, on the bench flush, but changing the sensor is relatively cheap and easy so would do that to. Do the fans work as they should cut in if in red?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts