Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m having some trouble finding out what amp fuse I should be putting into the F12 slot on the fuse box underneath my bonnet.
I don’t want to pay Peugeot £120 for an inspection charge when my favoured garage who always for a great job has narrowed the issue down to my fuse is rated too low and must have been changed prior to me buying the car.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My handbook doesn't mention F12 unfortunately.

But in the handbook linked above, F12 is 5 Amp for parking assist.

Is that what your F12 is for?

·
Registered
978 Posts
On our 2015 car I found that the handbook didn't match what fusebox was actually fitted. Of the two boxes (behind glovebox and under bonnet) one was as described and the other wasn't. I found that the handbook for the year model immediately after ours provided details for this other fusebox.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Mine only lists about 6 fuses in each box.

Handbooks are giving less and less technical information these days. Is that just a reflection on the average owner, or becuse they want you to go to them every time?

·
2,995 Posts
Hi..what problems are you having...and what rating was the original fuse...although the fuse carrier is there..does it have electrical connections...some fuse boxes are not always 'full' of fuses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My handbook doesn't mention F12 unfortunately.

But in the handbook linked above, F12 is 5 Amp for parking assist.

Is that what your F12 is for?
According to my local garage, it’s meant to aid the cooling system which draws heat out of the engine bay.

The reason I took it into the garage in the first place is because my A/C no longer cools and I get a “Get Car Repaired” message each time I turn my car on.

The only other major issue I’ve noted apart from having no cooling A/C is that when i’m stuck in traffic, the engine can overheat due to no airflow... Meaning I have to put heating on full, blowers on full and windows down to expel the heat from the engine bay. (Advice from AA)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi..what problems are you having...and what rating was the original fuse...although the fuse carrier is there..does it have electrical connections...some fuse boxes are not always 'full' of fuses?
No cooling A/C and overheating problem when stuck in stationary/slow moving traffic. Advice by AA was to put blowers on full heating, full fan and lower the windows to expel heat from the engine bay.

Original fuse was a 5A but confused as to why a fuse which seems to have nothing to do with the A/C or engine cooling fan keeps blowing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
From these notes, I don't think your issue is with fuse, but with the fan or resistor. I don't know how you concluded that fuse is the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I’ve looked into the issue myself a little bit more and it looks like the 5A fuse in F12 might be blowing repeatedly to prevent something else from getting damaged.

The error code my garage reported was P0691 which apparently means there is either:
* A faulty Fan Relay
* A defective Cooling Fan Motor
* Electrical connectors that have corroded or become loose
* A defective engine coolant temperature sensor
* Shorted or open electrical wiring that has caused a fuse to blow.

I’ve also found from the same page a perfect description of the symptoms I’m having:
“Typically, the P0691 code has almost no symptoms except the illumination of the check engine light, though an engine may overheat because of this issue and any A/C systems may operate less effectively”

Anyhoo... I believe what I (my garage) needs now is the wiring diagram for my car so that they can back track along the electrical line to try and find the fault which might be causing the fuse in F12 to repeatedly blow.

Can anyone help me source this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Is the radiator fan coming on? If that is faulty it would cause the fuse to blow.
Can you spin the fan? Has it siezed or jammed? Only try to check this when the engine is cold and the ignition is off.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Afaik, the only authoritative wiring diagrams for Peugeots are in the Service Box Electrical drawing for Diagnosis and Repair (SEDRE). It is pay-to-view at Service Box.

Register as an independent operator. (You can get it by download, but I think only for 2013 and earlier)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Increasing the Amp of the fuse may result in the destruction of something much more expensive. Get to a facility that can source the wiring diagrams and find the problem. Over heated engine may cost you thousands, pay the fee at Peugeot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts