Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to buy and extra ignition ket as i only got the one when i bought my car. I have contacted the previous owner but they siad they only ever had the one.

I have seen some on ebay but they are all without the internals just the blade and fob. How much would i get one for, does anyone know where to get one, not Peugeot they ask stupid money.
Mine has the square end not the pointed end, does this make a difference.

I hav the card that goes with the car and PP so i should be able to match iy with the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a fob with the transponder off ebay for £14.00. now need the blade but they aint much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
Peugeot actually sell an uncoded key for 20 quid, not too bad. I dont think its possible to code a second hand key to your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah that's a bummer i thought you could do it through Planet. The mech that fitted my comm unit said it could be done. Was his idea to get the bits from ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I might be having a similar problem.

Just got my 307 and it only came with the one key, I know that it would be very expensive to get a new key if I were to lose the one I have.

I've looked around for blank keys and all I seem to see is the casing with the uncut key on ebay and the ones with the little black (immobiliser?) chip. I don't understand how this would work as the remote control circuit board isn't included...

Can you sync the blank key with little black chip using the first key and the ignition (obviously after having the blank stalk cut) and just forget about the remote chip?

Thanks so much if you can fill these gaps in my knowledge!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
iggykoopa said:
I might be having a similar problem.

Just got my 307 and it only came with the one key, I know that it would be very expensive to get a new key if I were to lose the one I have.

I've looked around for blank keys and all I seem to see is the casing with the uncut key on ebay and the ones with the little black (immobiliser?) chip. I don't understand how this would work as the remote control circuit board isn't included...

Can you sync the blank key with little black chip using the first key and the ignition (obviously after having the blank stalk cut) and just forget about the remote chip?

Thanks so much if you can fill these gaps in my knowledge!
You can open the door of the car with the key and if it's coded up, start the car. Not having the remote working is a bit of a pain though.
I haven't managed to get the remote working for my spare ebay keys yet, despite following the instructions you can find online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
jet said:
You can open the door of the car with the key and if it's coded up, start the car. Not having the remote working is a bit of a pain though.
I haven't managed to get the remote working for my spare ebay keys yet, despite following the instructions you can find online.
and...just keep your eye out on ebay, full keys come up every now and then. I bought 2 for 1.50 each with circuit board and chip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that is what i call cheap !!!!!

Is there a chip imbedded in the fobs without the central locking ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
hawkeye said:
Now that is what i call cheap !!!!!

Is there a chip imbedded in the fobs without the central locking ?
Yeah they are all standard keys with chip and remote board in them
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top