Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me how to remove the external driver's door handle and replace it with a new one? I have already bought a new one on-line and sprayed it the original colour but I cannot figure out how to replace it. I have taken off the interior door panel hoping that may be the way to do it but it does not look like that is right as the door handle is more inside the door. I have also looked for help videos online but still no joy. Any suggestions please or is it going to be more of a specialized job? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Door handle removal.

The L shaped lug on the door handle engages with a nylon lever which transfers the movement to another nylon lever which trips the release arm on the lock. You need to slide the nylon section forward against spring tension and while holding it forward pull the handle out, the front of the handle will also disengage from the pivot point. There is a notch on the nylon section that will hold it forward while you remove and replace the handle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply although I am still struggling to remove it. I can see by pulling the handle downwards the L shaped lug looks like it has to come out but this is proving a little tricky as the bottom part of the handle does not seem to move. I may be wrong, but I am guessing that I have to perhaps remove 2 screws first that are holding the handle in place?

If that was the case then it would not be such a problem except for the fact that I am unable to get to such screws, if they do exist. Where I am guessing are the screw heads there is a small metal plate covering them which I am unable to get off, the only way possible seems to be inserting a narrow screwdriver under the metal plate and prizing it off which is easier said than done!

However, I am a bit baffled as the replacement handle I have bought is not quite like the original as it does not have these metal plates on it. Indeed, there are 2 screws that are jutting out from below the handle but they seem to be fixed to the rest of the handle and does not seem like there is a way to screw them in. I have attached a picture of the original handle showing the metal plate and the handle that I have bought. I am sure it cannot be this complicated!

20190220_124816.jpg

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts