Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mirrors have become very slow to open and close,if even at all,sometimes they only make it half way,can i WD 40 them anywhere? or any other ideas?
playing with the interior switch makes no difference either...they still get stuck unless i physicaly help them....
thanks Matt

J

·
0 Posts
Is it the auto-folding mechanism or do you manually fold them? I don't have this feature on my 307 so not sure of the ins and outs

Is it both mirrors? same speed at the same time? If it was just one I'd say it was seizing or motor dying, but if both then maybe there isn't enough power going to them?

J

·
0 Posts
I'd also recommend you have the ignition in accessory position, in a quiet area, and listen for noises. Ie noises that say the motors are dying, or there is contamination causing jamming etc.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would personnally listen to the noises as jazz says. then i'd give ago at following a haynes to take the mirrors off, give them a good clean on the joint with an old tooth brush and then a light coat of grease to protect and give lubrication.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys....

when i turn the ignition on they half open slowly then stop,theres no noises like theres anything struggling,and when i turn it all off and lock it with the button on the key they don't close anymore, i guess thats tomorrow taken care of,haynes manual and some mirror removal and cleaning...
thanks again guys.
Matt

J

·
0 Posts
If you are taking the mirror apart do take some photos please mate. It would help others on here with the same problem.

Wherever you see electrical connections give them a damn good cleaning and ensure they are solidly in. It helps rule out the chance of a bad connection :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys i followed the haynes manual and stripped the door panel out to get to the mirror fixings,when i took the mirror off, i could not really see a way to get at the motor,i'm sure thats my problem,just needs lubricating, i think i have to find a way to remove rthe painted cover....but i don't want to break anything and turn this into an expensive job.....does anyone know how that painted cover comes off ?

J

·
0 Posts
I'll check my Haynes but I've been asking this recently and only getting theories lol

Can you see everything with that panel off?

Another thing.. when you physically help them, do they try to close/open or do you do all the work after the 45 degrees of action?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
im thinking if the mirror packs in with no noise at a certain point, and no noise...more than likely a crappy electrical connection...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have given them a great squirt with WD 40 and they have started ,i know this is only temp as wd is too thin and won't last.....so i still need a way to get that cover off and cpver everything in grease...then i'm sure i'll be godd to go....

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the morror glass first. There are clips on the cover to remove it. Be careful.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi David,
just real quick ,if i remove the mirror glass and the clips to remove the painted cover,will that give me access to the motor and all the rest of the moveable parts? thankyou
Matt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts