Peugeot Forums banner

Exterior lights not working

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Marcus_009 
#1 ·
Good day guys,
I have a 2004 206 and the exterior lights have stopped working. My brake, indicator and reverse lights all work, it's only my park lights, rear running lights and number plate lights that are not working.

When I bought the car, they all worked fine till I changed the bulbs in the tail lights which was when I realize that the ground pin on the right tail light was corroded and broke off when I removed the harness from the assembly. I have gotten a replacement assembly but now none of my park lights or rear running lights work. I've checked all fuses and none seems to be burnt or the issue. I've had a mechanic test the wiring but can't seem to find any issues.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can provide any advice as to what to do next?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
why did you change the bulbs? It seems to have started there. Try unplugging the relevant connectors and see if you get front lights at least. If they should be fused find out which on it is. Are you sure all the bulbs haven't blown? Is the a voltage at any of the connectors for the lights that dont work?

#3 ·
The reverse bulb was blown so I changed them all since I'm not sure how much life was left in them. I haven't check to if there voltage going to the park light or the running lights.

Likeni said in the post, everything else work fine, it's only the running rear lights and park lights.

Will check to see if there's voltage and let you know

Thanks for the recommendation.

#5 ·
front sidelights are working ok just both rear sidelights are not on. Check for fuses - aprevious owner may even have fitted one. As you have only worked on the rear lights the problem is likely to be in that area? Maybe a wire broken or corroded in it's insulation. Can you find the other end or at least somewhere to break into the appropriate cable and test for voltage/continuity? ie trace the cables back. Does the number plate light work? A short circuit from a broken wire (where goes in the hatch door) may stop the rear lights??

#7 ·
Hey guys, sorry for the absence but i think i figured out what the issue may be. Can anyone identify this component on the bottom section of the BSI? While investigating, this component was blown and I believe that's what causing my rear running lights and park lights to be out while everything else seems to be in working order. Thanks in advance
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electronic engineering

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.