Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am trying to remove the side windows from my expert window van, any ideas ? anyone tried this before ?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Age of van might be helpful :)
Nobody with Psychic powers then :shrug2:

Ok. 1996 :thumb:

Looks to me that if I try to peal back the rubber on the inside the van and push the window outwards the glass will push out... but when I tried to do this (starting at the corner) the glass was starting to twist .

Forgot to say I need the rubber trim as well as the window, so I can't cut the trim

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Back in the day before bonding we used to rem0ve glass by placing a
one foot at each side of the window and pushing with the legs. Somebody on the outside to stop it going across the workshop or falling on the florr completes the picture. A long piece of string and a rubber mallet persuaded it back in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your replies, got it sorted now :)

Run my finger around the inside of the seal to free it from the glass (both sides), then with help from my brother i pushed the glass outwards (starting at a bottom corner) and at the same time my brother pealed back the outer seal and tucked it under the glass, did this along the bottom of the glass and used bits of cardboard between the glass and inside seal to stop the glass springing back..... once the grass was free at the bottom it was just a case of pulling it down and away from the seal.

:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts