Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a expert van (2001) and i cant get it to go into gear. With the engine off it will go, but if i start it its solid and no matter how hard i push it wont budge. Any ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
tomo13 said:
I have a expert van (2001) and i cant get it to go into gear. With the engine off it will go, but if i start it its solid and no matter how hard i push it wont budge. Any ideas, thanks.

hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

A few things spring to mind faulty clutch,worn synchronizer unit,damaged gear linkage or gear linkage needing adjusted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry not mechanically minded dont understand any of that, the garage im taking it to said, it's the clutch as soon as i told them the problem and they would need to have the gearbox out to do this so looking at about 6 / 7 hours labour. pretty much trying to find out if this is the case, as dont want to get ripped off. Thanks for the reply.:thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
tomo13 said:
Sorry not mechanically minded dont understand any of that, the garage im taking it to said, it's the clutch as soon as i told them the problem and they would need to have the gearbox out to do this so looking at about 6 / 7 hours labour. pretty much trying to find out if this is the case, as dont want to get ripped off. Thanks for the reply.:thumb:

The problem with this and every other forum is that it is all an educated guess. Most of the time it is far better to see and hear what the problem actually is. Go to a few different garages.time consuming i know but there are good honest mechanics out there, good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
under your gear selector there are rods that connect to the gearbox selector. these rods are often connected by simple nuta and bolts or maybe pinch bolts. have a look at these and check them for tightness before you go to the dealer. if all appe4ars well, take the car to another garage for an estimate.. It does my head in when garages say things like gearboxes have to come out etc, when really they dont.
dont take the word of one dealer as gospel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts