Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the forum and I’m hoping someone can help me identify the exact model of my Expert Tepee van. I’m trying to insure it but the insurance companies I’ve searched with don’t have it listed as it appears in the log book ‘Expert Tepee S/G L1 HDI.’ I did contact a dealership that sold it several years ago and they suggested it was a Tepee Leisure Semi Glazed L1 HDI 130. I can’t find any examples of Leisure Semi Glazed only Comfort Semi Glazed and HDI 120 not 130. I’d be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What year & engine is your Expert? If you put your VIN into catcar it may tell you some info about the engine & body etc. But newer vehicles are sometimes not found. If you want to post or PM me your VIN I can take a look.
What does the V5 say about the vehicle type?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year & engine is your Expert? If you put your VIN into catcar it may tell you some info about the engine & body etc. But newer vehicles are sometimes not found. If you want to post or PM me your VIN I can take a look.
What does the V5 say about the vehicle type?
Hi thanks for your response. Apologies been away few days with little or no WiFi. I checked catcar when I enter the vin it comes up as more or less what’s on the log book which is
Expert Tepee S/G L1 HDI. The vin is VF3XCAHZ4DZ004874. Your help is appreciated cheers.

·
8,273 Posts
Servicebox detail in that vin

Expert 3 SHORT SEMI-GLAZED VAN H1 TYPE 10
Engine - DW10CD PEF 94KW DTR 1997 DIESEL
Transmission - BVM6

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've just re-read your original post and wonder if the problem is that you're asking for van insurance. My 2011 Expert Tepee is registered as an MPV under 'D.5 Body Type' and Diesel Car under '[X]' Taxation Class on the V5.
I have car insurance & pay car road tax which is a fair bit more than van road tax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just re-read your original post and wonder if the problem is that you're asking for van insurance. My 2011 Expert Tepee is registered as an MPV under 'D.5 Body Type' and Diesel Car under '[X]' Taxation Class on the V5.
I have car insurance & pay car road tax which is a fair bit more than van road tax.
Hi
Thanks for this information, I’ve checked the log book and it is a Type (X). I bought it from a dealer who’d advertised it as a van. As it’s got solid metal barn doors I took it to be a van not a car. The log book stipulates ‘car derived van’ and then few lines down ‘diesel car.’ Bit confusing, as I‘d also contacted DVLA and they didn’t qualify what it was either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
As the Taxation Class is 'Diesel Car', it's almost certainly classed as a car for insurance purposes. Car derived van, suggests that you can drive at car speed limits too. It's unusual to see a Tepee with barn doors, but I suppose it's an option that you can specify. Did you pay the dealer VAT? If so, you might want to ask for it back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As the Taxation Class is 'Diesel Car', it's almost certainly classed as a car for insurance purposes. Car derived van, suggests that you can drive at car speed limits too. It's unusual to see a Tepee with barn doors, but I suppose it's an option that you can specify. Did you pay the dealer VAT? If so, you might want to ask for it back.
Hi
Fortunately didn’t pay vat. I was able to insure it as a van but will have to contact the insurance company to make sure they are aware. It might affect my premium as I’ve got NCD but on a van not car. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post how you get on? I might try to insure mine as a van if there's any benefit.
Hi
Bit of an update on the insurance for the Expert. I’ve been dealing with a company called APlan and they’ve been very helpful. They have now insured it as a van. I did pass on the information about it possibly being a car and forwarded a copy of the log book to them. It’s been a pain identifying the specific model. In the end I gave them all the possible combinations Comfort, Leisure, Semi glazed, 120/130 bhp etc and they’ve passed this on to the underwriters ‘Sabre’ so it’s all logged should the worse happen. Hope this is helpful for you and thanks for your time. Regards Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts