Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Expert Tepee 1.6 HDi. It has air suspension that has a fault, it won't move up or down and the dashboard warning light for the suspension is intermittent. Any ideas for what it could be?

I would like to remove the air suspension and fit standard springs/dampers. From a previous thread I believe there isn't much of a hardware issue, new dampers should fit straight in. My main concern is how do I disable the dashboard warning light for the suspension? Can an independent garage do it or is it Peugeot main dealer only?

·
Registered
9 Posts
you will need diagbox/planet go into bsi menu and there is an option in there to either have pneumatic suspension or standard,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Lurchy! How safe is it to alter the ECU? I don't want to mess it up and end up needing a new one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if all you are doing is turning off the air suspension and only touch that option you shouldn't break anything, but if you do change anything remember what you've done/ write it down and only do 1 thing at a time as it is easy to go into immobliser or alarm and end up wiv a non starter,

·
Registered
9 Posts
to be honest if ur not confident in using planet/diagbox, ring Peugeot and ask them how much it would be to turn it off as think when a mate asked they wanted 30 or 40 quid ( but all pug dealers are different and charge different) to turn it all off,

but if you get planet/diagbox u may as well read/clear the codes and see whats wrong with it, my mates expert has the air suspension and sometimes throws a fault and wont move till the codes are reset,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts